+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Study permit extension.

Sunny_Sandhu

May 8, 2021
Hi,

I am currently a student at george brown college for architecture technician, a two year program. I came to Canada in 2017 for the 3 year mechanical engineering program but failed my program and was kicked out of college in april 2018. However, I got admission into another 3 year program in 2018 starting september for architecture. I had similar trouble and had a few backlogs at the end of fourth semester so I transferred to a 2 year architecture program that had similar courses until the 4rth semester. Therefore, I only had to redo the leftover 3 courses i had failed in 3rd semester and 4 courses I had failed in 4rth semester. However, my original study permit ( according to mechanical engineering ) was expiring last year in july so I applied for extension on the basis of my newer three year architecture program using its the letter of acceptance as proof of enrollment. I got the extension on my study permit until july 2021. As of now, on redoing the leftover courses for 3rd and 4rth semester in fall 2020 and winter 2021, I passed all in 3rd but failed in 1 course in 4rth semester this winter, or else I would have graduated. Therefore, I will need to return in january 2022 to complete the leftover course ( only one ). My original program for architecture for three years has ended this winter so I can't attach the leter of acceptance as proof. A friend of mine advised I need a letter from college to apply with my application as proof for current enrollment. Is that true?, whom should I contact to get it? , or can I still use the previous letter of acceptance?. If there is any other advise I could use, please feel free to provide.

Simba112

VIP Member
Mar 25, 2021
Hi,

I am currently a student at george brown college for architecture technician, a two year program. I came to Canada in 2017 for the 3 year mechanical engineering program but failed my program and was kicked out of college in april 2018. However, I got admission into another 3 year program in 2018 starting september for architecture. I had similar trouble and had a few backlogs at the end of fourth semester so I transferred to a 2 year architecture program that had similar courses until the 4rth semester. Therefore, I only had to redo the leftover 3 courses i had failed in 3rd semester and 4 courses I had failed in 4rth semester. However, my original study permit ( according to mechanical engineering ) was expiring last year in july so I applied for extension on the basis of my newer three year architecture program using its the letter of acceptance as proof of enrollment. I got the extension on my study permit until july 2021. As of now, on redoing the leftover courses for 3rd and 4rth semester in fall 2020 and winter 2021, I passed all in 3rd but failed in 1 course in 4rth semester this winter, or else I would have graduated. Therefore, I will need to return in january 2022 to complete the leftover course ( only one ). My original program for architecture for three years has ended this winter so I can't attach the leter of acceptance as proof. A friend of mine advised I need a letter from college to apply with my application as proof for current enrollment. Is that true?, whom should I contact to get it? , or can I still use the previous letter of acceptance?. If there is any other advise I could use, please feel free to provide.
Though you academic inschool progression doesnt look good but you need letter of enrolment/registration from the same college to apply for 2nd extention. You need to attach good explanation

noelvictoria

Mar 24, 2019
You might also need a letter from your school stating that you have an extra semester and when it will that term end. So they will have a basis for the new expiry of your study permit.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Would make sure you have an updated enrolment letter for the semester that is next. A copy of your current transcripts showing that you have passed the other courses in the program and you only have one course left