+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Study permit extension

Daler9560

Jan 23, 2020
I applied for study permit extension on 30th of October 2019 which has expire date of 30 November 2019. I had completed my study on 19 December 2019 . Now cic asking me to provide missing enrolment letter. And I have to apply for post graduate work permit. What should I have to do.

captainarabiia

VIP Member
Mar 17, 2015
Winnipeg
Visa Office......
Riyadh Visa Office
App. Filed.......
22-02-2018
Passport Req..
11-03-2018
I applied for study permit extension on 30th of October 2019 which has expire date of 30 November 2019. I had completed my study on 19 December 2019 . Now cic asking me to provide missing enrolment letter. And I have to apply for post graduate work permit. What should I have to do.
Talk to your school ?

Worst case scenario the SP extension will be rejected and then you have to restore and then apply for PGWP.
I'd suggest you wait and see what others comment.

NAVNII

Jan 6, 2019
Talk to your school ?

Worst case scenario the SP extension will be rejected and then you have to restore and then apply for PGWP.
I'd suggest you wait and see what others comment.
Nowadays , seems like IRCC using this method to refuse people for staying in Canada or by putting students in these types of situations because indirectly they want to send students to their back homes .

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Nowadays , seems like IRCC using this method to refuse people for staying in Canada or by putting students in these types of situations because indirectly they want to send students to their back homes .
You have no proof of this and the number of international students has been increasing every year.

NAVNII

Jan 6, 2019
You have no proof of this and the number of international students has been increasing every year.
I am agree with your thoughts but another reality is nowadays they are putting so many students on restoration even students applied before the expiry status of their permits.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I am agree with your thoughts but another reality is nowadays they are putting so many students on restoration even students applied before the expiry status of their permits.
If the students apply properly and in time there is no need for restoration. Not sure how that translates into Canada wanting to send students home. The opportunity to apply for Restoration is the opposite of sending students home.

NAVNII

Jan 6, 2019
If the students apply properly and in time there is no need for restoration. Not sure how that translates into Canada wanting to send students home. The opportunity to apply for Restoration is the opposite of sending students home.
But the success rate of restoration applications is very low , and what is wrong with this person's application , I do not think ,anything wrong he applied on 30 th October 2019 and now he graduated they are asking for enrollment letter at this end when application in processing from last 4 months.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
But the success rate of restoration applications is very low , and what is wrong with this person's application , I do not think ,anything wrong he applied on 30 th October 2019 and now he graduated they are asking for enrollment letter at this end when application in processing from last 4 months.
Asking someone to prove that they are currently enrolled in school before granting an extension is not an unreasonable request. The person should have applied months ago knowing their program ended at the end of December yet their study permit expired In November. I would have applied before the semester started. This person hasn’t even needed to apply for restoration so your statements don’t make any sense.

NAVNII

Jan 6, 2019
Asking someone to prove that they are currently enrolled in school before granting an extension is not an unreasonable request. The person should have applied months ago knowing their program ended at the end of December yet their study permit expired In November. I would have applied before the semester started. This person hasn’t even needed to apply for restoration so your statements don’t make any sense.
I applied before the semester started , they reduced my study permit , means if students apply early , still is problem , applying 1 month before expiry still is problem , but actual scenario is because of longer processing times right now so many students in trouble.

Reactions: Akarshit