+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Study permit extension

Aug 12, 2018
Hello,
In the application form IMM5709, there is a question asking me, have you ever applied to come to or remain in canada? The answer was supposed to be yes but i put no by mistake and for that i am freaking everyday. My study permit is valid until 31st march 2020 and i applied on 8th jan 2020. Can anyone tell me what to do coz i am completely baffled right now.

Impatient Dankaroo

VIP Member
Jan 10, 2020
Why are you baffled? You are the one who chose that option. I mean if you submitted your current transcript, letter of completion and proof that you have been in Canada then hopefully they discern that you are already here. If you have not then, I do not know for sure but they may assume you chose the wrong option and will process your request as a study permit which means you would not qualify for 'implied status' and such.

Aug 12, 2018
Actually i went to ymca for that and one of the representative made me mark that no which i dont know why. But what should i do now? The only document that i sent out was my 2 cheques th

Aug 12, 2018
Oh yes i mean besides everthing else like paid receipt from college, my scotiabank account details ive attached those 2 cheques

Aug 12, 2018
I already did that actually and explained everything. But i got the message that if your application is under processing time u will not receive any reply from the ICCRC

Aug 12, 2018
Well, i am trying my best to mitigate this but with everyone saying the same thing the only thing i guess for me to do right now is to wait. Let see, then. Appreciate your help . Thanks

captainarabiia

VIP Member
Mar 17, 2015
Winnipeg
Visa Office......
Riyadh Visa Office
App. Filed.......
22-02-2018
Passport Req..
11-03-2018
I already did that actually and explained everything. But i got the message that if your application is under processing time u will not receive any reply from the ICCRC
Call the call center, tell them to make a note on your file.
They are able to do that.
They can communicate with concerned visa offices "IN Canada"

Aryan.kabir03

Apr 18, 2020
Hello,
In the application form IMM5709, there is a question asking me, have you ever applied to come to or remain in canada? The answer was supposed to be yes but i put no by mistake and for that i am freaking everyday. My study permit is valid until 31st march 2020 and i applied on 8th jan 2020. Can anyone tell me what to do coz i am completely baffled right now.
What was the outcome?