+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Study permit extension

Feb 22, 2016
Hello experts,

I have a question regarding filling the form IMM 5709 for my friend. I do not know how much funds to write for the following section: "Funds available for my stay"?
Since it is an extension of a study permit and the money is provided by her parents, she only has a couple of hundred dollars in her account. Do I need to put that money as funds available or assume her educational costs and put a number that can cover all her educational costs, for example $20,000.00?

I also asked her to provide a letter from her parents saying that they will cover all her expenses while here in Canada but I still do not understand what number to put under the funds available section. Please help.....

Thanks,

Feb 22, 2016
Hi expert,
I still await your kind input :)

Hello experts,

I have a question regarding filling the form IMM 5709 for my friend. I do not know how much funds to write for the following section: "Funds available for my stay"?
Since it is an extension of a study permit and the money is provided by her parents, she only has a couple of hundred dollars in her account. Do I need to put that money as funds available or assume her educational costs and put a number that can cover all her educational costs, for example $20,000.00?

I also asked her to provide a letter from her parents saying that they will cover all her expenses while here in Canada but I still do not understand what number to put under the funds available section. Please help.....

Thanks