study permit extension thread

mnint

Star Member
Jun 12, 2018
Last edited:

bongoman

VIP Member
Dec 3, 2014
Your question isnt clear, why are you applying for extension if you have completed school? The 90 days is just a suggestion because it can take that long to process it, you are allowed to apply even on the last day of expiry. But since you have completed school, your sp expires 90 days from completion, regardless of what it says on the paper.

mnint

Star Member
Jun 12, 2018
Your question isnt clear, why are you applying for extension if you have completed school? The 90 days is just a suggestion because it can take that long to process it, you are allowed to apply even on the last day of expiry. But since you have completed school, your sp expires 90 days from completion, regardless of what it says on the paper.
Sorry about that. I mean to do another course this year. Thanks for replying.
I have a couple of questions if you don't mind answering. Do you know anything about proof of finances? Will my bank statement of last four months be sufficient for 2 more years of study? Also, what should be included in the sop if i had changed my course?

captainarabiia

VIP Member
Mar 17, 2015
Winnipeg
Visa Office......
Riyadh Visa Office
App. Filed.......
22-02-2018
Passport Req..
11-03-2018
I have a couple of questions if you don't mind answering. Do you know anything about proof of finances? Will my bank statement of last four months be sufficient for 2 more years of study? Also, what should be included in the sop if i had changed my course?

Hi for extension usually you need to show 1 year fees and 1 year living expenses and the probability of funding for future years ( If parents are supporting you then employment letters and letter of support. )

Usually for extensions it's not like how we did for initial SP, they are lenient.

There are students who applied for extension with just a mere balance of 3,000 CAD , look through forums and you will find some info.

I submitted mine recently, if you need any help, lemme know !

captainarabiia

VIP Member
Mar 17, 2015
Winnipeg
Visa Office......
Riyadh Visa Office
App. Filed.......
22-02-2018
Passport Req..
11-03-2018

Include an SOP , I changed my course too !
SOP play a vital role, since we don't get visa interviews :)

Reactions: mnint

mnint

Star Member
Jun 12, 2018
Hi for extension usually you need to show 1 year fees and 1 year living expenses and the probability of funding for future years ( If parents are supporting you then employment letters and letter of support. )

Usually for extensions it's not like how we did for initial SP, they are lenient.

There are students who applied for extension with just a mere balance of 3,000 CAD , look through forums and you will find some info.

I submitted mine recently, if you need any help, lemme know !
Hi, thanks for replying. Do you mean my parents' letter of employment? Can you elaborate on that? Also, for showing my funds should i show my credit card estatements too since most of my savings are on it?

captainarabiia

VIP Member
Mar 17, 2015
Winnipeg
Visa Office......
Riyadh Visa Office
App. Filed.......
22-02-2018
Passport Req..
11-03-2018
Hi, thanks for replying. Do you mean my parents' letter of employment? Can you elaborate on that? Also, for showing my funds should i show my credit card estatements too since most of my savings are on it?
Yes your parents letter of employment, letter of financial support from them, their statement showing income/payroll deposit, your bank statements .

About your credit card account , if you are keeping all your money in it , then yes .

Read this :

Financial sufficiency
Students are required to demonstrate financial sufficiency for only the first year of studies, regardless of the duration of the course or program of studies in which they are enrolled. In other words, a single student entering a four-year degree program with an annual tuition fee of $15,000 must demonstrate funds of $15,000 to satisfy the requirements, and not the full $60,000 which would be required for four years. Officers should be satisfied however that the probability of funding for future years does exist (i.e., parents are employed); scholarship is for more than one year. Applications for extensions made to CPC-V must also meet this requirement.

Above info is from
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/temporary-residents/study-permits/assessing-application.html

captainarabiia

VIP Member
Mar 17, 2015
Winnipeg
Visa Office......
Riyadh Visa Office
App. Filed.......
22-02-2018
Passport Req..
11-03-2018
Do i need to mention why I changed my course? And why am I taking another one?

It’ll help a lot.

Usually for first extension they aren’t strict like I told you.
But be on safe side, explain why you’re changing, show required documents that I mentioned.

mnint

Star Member
Jun 12, 2018
It’ll help a lot.

Usually for first extension they aren’t strict like I told you.
But be on safe side, explain why you’re changing, show required documents that I mentioned.
Okay. It's just that I don't know what reason should I give for changing the course which will be accepted by the embassy. Can you also tell me if I should choose yes or no under "For a medical exam, you must see a physician on Canada's list of Panel Physicians". I don't come under any of the jobs that they've stated there.

captainarabiia

VIP Member
Mar 17, 2015
Winnipeg
Visa Office......
Riyadh Visa Office
App. Filed.......
22-02-2018
Passport Req..
11-03-2018
Okay. It's just that I don't know what reason should I give for changing the course which will be accepted by the embassy. Can you also tell me if I should choose yes or no under "For a medical exam, you must see a physician on Canada's list of Panel Physicians". I don't come under any of the jobs that they've stated there.

Wait , where are you ?
In Canada right,so you don't need medical !
Have you done a medical in the last 12 months ?
IF no , select no , and usually it won't ask you to submit medical since you will be selecting no for "Have you lived in a designated country or territory for more than six months in the last year?" Since you were in Canada .

captainarabiia

VIP Member
Mar 17, 2015
Winnipeg
Visa Office......
Riyadh Visa Office
App. Filed.......
22-02-2018
Passport Req..
11-03-2018

And you are not withdrawing right ? You already completed one whole course and just doing another program ?
What program did you complete, what are you gonna study further ?

mnint

Star Member
Jun 12, 2018
Wait , where are you ?
In Canada right,so you don't need medical !
Have you done a medical in the last 12 months ?
IF no , select no , and usually it won't ask you to submit medical since you will be selecting no for "Have you lived in a designated country or territory for more than six months in the last year?" Since you were in Canada .
okay got it! And is there an option for submitting ielts cause mine is expired lol

edit: stupid question i know. Just making sure

mnint

Star Member
Jun 12, 2018
And you are not withdrawing right ? You already completed one whole course and just doing another program ?
What program did you complete, what are you gonna study further ?
No. Yeah I am doing another one.
I did a program related to social work. Now I am doing the Social Serivce Worker.

captainarabiia

VIP Member
Mar 17, 2015
Winnipeg
Visa Office......
Riyadh Visa Office
App. Filed.......
22-02-2018
Passport Req..
11-03-2018
okay got it! And is there an option for submitting ielts cause mine is expired lol

edit: stupid question i know. Just making sure
Nope , technically IELTS isn't required by IRCC.
As long as you are admitted into the college, you are all good.