+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Study permit extension + sowp extension

PRin2024

Feb 13, 2021
My spouse has backlog to take one more course next semester and extend his study permit. My wp+ my daughter's visitor record have to be extended as well.
1.can we all apply together
2. Should we need to do proof of funds, we have been in canada for a year now.We only have around 5k cad.but both have jobs
3. Can we show money in Indian accounts. Do we have to move the money here?
4. My daughter is over 5 now. Should we apply for study permit or extend visitor record

BA101

Champion Member
Nov 29, 2021
My spouse has backlog to take one more course next semester and extend his study permit. My wp+ my daughter's visitor record have to be extended as well.
1.can we all apply together Yes. What is the duration for his extension? Does he has a new LOA ?
2. Should we need to do proof of funds, we have been in canada for a year now.We only have around 5k cad.but both have jobs You have to show funds
3. Can we show money in Indian accounts. Do we have to move the money here? You can show money in India but it will have to be equated and valued in Canada to make sense as you will need these for living here - as a student - Even if he has a part time. Do you earn? Have T4? Pay slips?
4. My daughter is over 5 now. Should we apply for study permit or extend visitor record Once she is 6 you can apply Study permit - Once spouse study permit is over, he will need PGWP anyways - you can apply study permit then and extend visitor record now too as an option

PRin2024

Feb 13, 2021
1. Yes he received letter of enrollment from university. He is extending until December. I.e the semester gets over in December
2. I work. I have T4. Just a part time job though. We both have payslips continously for the last year.
3. Can we attach the Indian bank statement and enter the equivalent cad in a pdf , based on currency rate on the date of application.
4. Also , another problem is money is in his name ,not my name. Since we apply in the same time, should it be in my name or any letter from him needed that he will support etc.
@BA101

Last edited:

BA101

Champion Member
Nov 29, 2021
1. Yes he received letter of enrollment from university. He is extending until December. I.e the semester gets over in December
2. I work. I have T4. Just a part time job though. We both have payslips continously for the last year.Attach all proof of employment
3. Can we attach the Indian bank statement and enter the equivalent cad in a pdf , based on currency rate on the date of application. For his extension you can, but if you live and work in Canada then your funds have to be in CAD
4. Also , another problem is money is in his name ,not my name. Since we apply in the same time, should it be in my name or any letter from him needed that he will support etc. You are over 18 therefore you have to have your own funds in the application.

Good Luck

@BA101

PRin2024

Feb 13, 2021
Thank you . Just an unrelated question. Can we apply for PR with me , my job as primary and my spouse as dependent, because my husband is the primary applicant as student. I came later on work permit @BA101

PRin2024

Feb 13, 2021
If eligible, yes.
Thank you. Just for confirming, is it necessary to show funds for work permit extension as well ( with study permit extension for spouse)Because the consultant ( local volunteer) insists that it is not as we apply from inside canada. Also should it be in my name as well. Because we have all the funds in India in my spouse name only @Naturgrl

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Thank you. Just for confirming, is it necessary to show funds for work permit extension as well ( with study permit extension for spouse)Because the consultant ( local volunteer) insists that it is not as we apply from inside canada. Also should it be in my name as well. Because we have all the funds in India in my spouse name only @Naturgrl
For a work permit extension, you should not have to.

BA101

Champion Member
Nov 29, 2021
Thank you . Just an unrelated question. Can we apply for PR with me , my job as primary and my spouse as dependent, because my husband is the primary applicant as student. I came later on work permit @BA101
If you get an invitation or qualify for a Provincial nomination, you can certainly

Reactions: PRin2024

PRin2024

Feb 13, 2021
Hi @BA101 our situation has changed . My husband's university may offer him summer course. Now, he has study permit until sep 30 now( so is work permit and kids visitor record). If he does summer course, he will complete around sep 1st week and apply pgwp before his permit end. What can I do with my work permit ? Don't I have apply fpr renewal 30 days before my permit ends?

BA101

Champion Member
Nov 29, 2021
Hi @BA101 our situation has changed . My husband's university may offer him summer course. Now, he has study permit until sep 30 now( so is work permit and kids visitor record). If he does summer course, he will complete around sep 1st week and apply pgwp before his permit end. What can I do with my work permit ? Don't I have apply fpr renewal 30 days before my permit ends?
Once spouse moves to PGWP, OWP conditions change. You have to apply accordingly.