+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Study permit extension - Some advice please?

ana786

Star Member
Nov 1, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
VFS Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 12
File Transfer...
Oct 17
Med's Request
Nov 1
Med's Done....
Nov 7
Passport Req..
Nov 11
VISA ISSUED...
Nov 24
Hey there,

So I came to Canada in Dec 2016 for a BA in Economics in PEI. I did one full time semester there but then decided I wanted to pursue another field and moved to Ontario and have been studying Philosophy and Ethics full time since then. I haven't missed a single semester and notified CIC of my university changes.
When I first got here, I only got my visa/study permit until 2019 because that's when my passport is expiring. So the officer told me that I should get it renewed before that. I've renewed my passport and will be applying for a renewal of my study permit soon.

In my application I'll be including the offer letter at my current (2nd) university, a letter from the registrar confirming I've been studying full time since Fall 2017 and also that it'll include full time credits from my 1 semester at UPEI. (Uni of Prince Edward Island)

I was just wondering if I should include anything else in my application? Any further explanation of why I changed my university/course, I'm not sure if that complicates anything. Right now, I only need to extend it for 8 more months as I graduate next year.

Thanks for reading and all kinds of help is appreciated, esp by those who have been in similar situations.

ana786

Star Member
Nov 1, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
VFS Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 12
File Transfer...
Oct 17