+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Study Permit Extension Problem

doga007doga

Mar 11, 2024
Hello, I'm an international student applying for a study permit extension because I changed my program, and graduation will now be one year later.

My question is: Almost all of my expenses are paid by my parents, even though I work here only once a week.
The website is asking for my bank statements and proof of living, etc.

How should I approach this, as I'm fully supported by my parents?

Oct 20, 2023
Hello, I'm an international student applying for a study permit extension because I changed my program, and graduation will now be one year later.

My question is: Almost all of my expenses are paid by my parents, even though I work here only once a week.

So you mean , IRCC has woken up to most of international students already here cant even afford living expense , they just here in a hurry fly by night to get into Canada only couple years in the whole deck of card falls, a novel thing, Huh, attestation letter wont get you on extension but proof of living cost will.
Now the real students will be the only ones to stay in Canada

SasaBasi

Star Member
Apr 12, 2023
So you mean , IRCC has woken up to most of international students already here cant even afford living expense , they just here in a hurry fly by night to get into Canada only couple years in the whole deck of card falls, a novel thing, Huh, attestation letter wont get you on extension but proof of living cost will.
Stfu. Why don't you shut up if you can't help. He just said he works once a week, dummy

SasaBasi

Star Member
Apr 12, 2023

You attach your parent's bank statements since it's them who are catering for your expenses. For proof of living you could ask your landlord to give you rent payment receipts to show you have been living at his place for x period

Reactions: doga007doga

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017

Include bank statements and proof of assets from your parents. Whatever financial documents your provided when you originally applied for your study permit provide the current day versions in your new application.

doga007doga

Mar 11, 2024
this is the stupidest reply so far haha.
No I am living in Canada comfortably and can afford living here for a long time but only with my parent's support, I also have good GPA score. But thanks for nothing I guess.

doga007doga

Mar 11, 2024
You attach your parent's bank statements since it's them who are catering for your expenses. For proof of living you could ask your landlord to give you rent payment receipts to show you have been living at his place for x period
thank you!