+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Study Permit Extension October 2015

jjr_90

Nov 29, 2015
virtu said:
What documents did you (all) attached to your application?

Thanks.
I have prepared letter of registration including possible graduation date, transcript, tuition fee receipts including past and current semesters, banking statements downloaded from online banking, passport all pages scanned, etc. Best way is to provide as much as useful documents to prove that you have the financial and academic ability to graduate in time. I also provided a financial support letter from my parents.

Best luck! SP extension is not difficult as long as the VO is convinced that you can graduate without any trouble.

virtu

Star Member
Aug 29, 2013
jjr_90 said:
I have prepared letter of registration including possible graduation date, transcript, tuition fee receipts including past and current semesters, banking statements downloaded from online banking, passport all pages scanned, etc. Best way is to provide as much as useful documents to prove that you have the financial and academic ability to graduate in time. I also provided a financial support letter from my parents.

Best luck! SP extension is not difficult as long as the VO is convinced that you can graduate without any trouble.
Thanks jjr_90 :)

letter of registration - I am preparing a Letter of Explanation informing why I need to extend my study permit and attaching a Letter from the College with the possible graduation date, amount remaining to pay for tuition and textbook;

possible graduation date - I will request on the College for a letter with this date and the amount remaining to pay;

transcript - that's something that I didn't thought, and thanks for sharing, I am going to attach an unofficial transcript up to date;

tuition fee receipts including past and current semesters - another thing that I didn't thought before, I am going to attach some information about it;

banking statements downloaded from online banking - besides that my manager of my bank will give me a letter informing how much money I have on my checking account and saving account, everything covers all expenses that I will have to finish my studies;

passport all pages scanned - I have a new passport, I am thinking to scan the pages from the old one and the new one, but I have to think how to demonstrate that in a logic way to avoid to be confusing;

financial support letter from my parents - did you attached any financial document from you parents, sucj as bank statements?

Thanks for your help and attention.

jjr_90

Nov 29, 2015
virtu said:
Thanks jjr_90 :)

letter of registration - I am preparing a Letter of Explanation informing why I need to extend my study permit and attaching a Letter from the College with the possible graduation date, amount remaining to pay for tuition and textbook;

possible graduation date - I will request on the College for a letter with this date and the amount remaining to pay;

transcript - that's something that I didn't thought, and thanks for sharing, I am going to attach an unofficial transcript up to date;

tuition fee receipts including past and current semesters - another thing that I didn't thought before, I am going to attach some information about it;

banking statements downloaded from online banking - besides that my manager of my bank will give me a letter informing how much money I have on my checking account and saving account, everything covers all expenses that I will have to finish my studies;

passport all pages scanned - I have a new passport, I am thinking to scan the pages from the old one and the new one, but I have to think how to demonstrate that in a logic way to avoid to be confusing;

financial support letter from my parents - did you attached any financial document from you parents, sucj as bank statements?

Thanks for your help and attention.
Hey the transcript I attached is also an unofficial one. I think that's enough.

The financial document from my parents is just a locked deposit holding document I used when I apply for study permit before I came to Canada. But I don't think it is necessary. If your banking account has enough money to prove that you have the ability to finance yourself. That should be totally enough. But you can always provide as many as useful documents if you have and you think it should be helpful.

Hope everything goes well with you! Best luck!

virtu

Star Member
Aug 29, 2013
Just applied to extend my study permit today.

I attached:

1. Letter of Acceptance with new date to finish my studies and the remaining costs.
2. Proof of Financial Support covering all expenses
- My bank statements are not in English, but my bank manager sent me a letter in English informing how much money I have for the past 4 months.
3. Letter of Explanation and a Job offer to start in May/16
4. All other required documents, as form, passport pages containing the info required (it is a brand new passport), picture (the same on the new passport).

Now, let's wait around 46 days to see if it is approved.

Thanks.