+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Study Permit Extension - Multiple Applications

Zacharyloo

Jan 29, 2019
Dear all,

Here is my story: I have submitted my first study permit extension on Jan.14, but yesterday I found I made some mistakes on my IMM5709e. After consulting the CIC agent, I submitted a request of withdrawal of my first application and filed a new study permit extension application with mistakes corrected and more supporting documents.

So now in my system I have two extension applications, the worst case will be: the officer ignore my request of withdrawal -> my first application get rejected -> and then they reject my second application for some unexpected reasons. Will it ever happen? If it happened what can I do, this makes me so nervous.

Thanks,
Zachary

russ6970

VIP Member
Sep 14, 2017
Newfoundland
Category........
FAM
LANDED..........
31-12-2020
Why did you request withdrawal? You should have sent a case specific query correcting the mistakes.

Zacharyloo

Jan 29, 2019
Why did you request withdrawal? You should have sent a case specific query correcting the mistakes.
Because I thought the request of withdrawal is easier to be approved, which could make me safe in the first place. Anyway the request have already be sent. Thanks for your reply.

russ6970

VIP Member
Sep 14, 2017
Newfoundland
Category........
FAM
LANDED..........
31-12-2020
Unfortunately, some of the phone operators in the CIC give out bad advice. This was one such time. I can't see them ignoring the request and hopefully they see it before looking at the applications. Worst scenario is, they don't and both you applications get rejected and as you have not mentioned the first one, you may be banned.

Zacharyloo

Jan 29, 2019
Unfortunately, some of the phone operators in the CIC give out bad advice. This was one such time. I can't see them ignoring the request and hopefully they see it before looking at the applications. Worst scenario is, they don't and both you applications get rejected and as you have not mentioned the first one, you may be banned.
Actually in my second application I have metioned my first application was submitted as well as my request of withdrawal. So it may not be that bad.

russ6970

VIP Member
Sep 14, 2017
Newfoundland
Category........
FAM
LANDED..........
31-12-2020
Hopefully not, but on the actual application there is a tick box for any previous Refusals. Anyway, hopefully they will be sensible about it all.

santjec01

Apr 29, 2020
hi

I need your advise. I already graduated April 17th 2020, but since my study permit and OWP permit will expire by May 10th 2020 and the timeline for submitting application for PGWP will be too tight, our school's immigration officer advise us to extend our study & OWP permit before it expires. However, my graduation letter has been confirmed by April 27th and now I'm ready to apply PGWP so I can work anytime soon and then apply for the extension of my spouse.
Question:
1. am I allowed to submit my PGWP application while I have pending student & OWP extension?
2. OR - Should I withdraw our application for student/OWP extension, then changed our application right away for PGWP and visit visa for my spouse?

I hope I can get an answer, I'm really confused.

farheenkate

May 15, 2020
hai,
@Zacharyloo I am also in the same boat. I requested a withdrawal and I am planning to apply a new application to extend the study permit. I would like to know about you application. please reply.

shaheer_01

May 17, 2020
Dear all,

Here is my story: I have submitted my first study permit extension on Jan.14, but yesterday I found I made some mistakes on my IMM5709e. After consulting the CIC agent, I submitted a request of withdrawal of my first application and filed a new study permit extension application with mistakes corrected and more supporting documents.

So now in my system I have two extension applications, the worst case will be: the officer ignore my request of withdrawal -> my first application get rejected -> and then they reject my second application for some unexpected reasons. Will it ever happen? If it happened what can I do, this makes me so nervous.

Thanks,
Zachary
Hello,
Did your 1st application end up getting withdrawn?