+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Study permit extension help

Aneep Kumar

Mar 14, 2018
Ottawa
Hello, I am student in p. g, one plus one Year course, my first one Year course complted on april, I have offer from University for masters in same field on may intack, What can I do?, my student permit complted on jan 2020, when I apply for extention of study permit, and my credit score continue of my master study
I do not understand the point of doing same course first at college then at University?

Krishna13

May 19, 2018
Make GCKey. Answer all necessary question. Choose study permit extension. After you answering questions is finished, A number will be given to you that you have to fill after you will sign up for your CIC account Make sure you record the number or click picture. And on clicking next they will be a list of documents they need from you. Then arrange all those documents. Its a simpe process.

Good Luck.
Thank u bro.. :) I will do the same...
But just for knowledge.. I wanna confirm that what documents generally do they require from students.... I am sure you would certainly have an idea about those documents.??

Aneep Kumar

Mar 14, 2018
Ottawa
Offer letter, enrollment letter, bank profile statement, imm5257, Electronic Pic, passport first and last page
Thank u bro.. :) I will do the same...
But just for knowledge.. I wanna confirm that what documents generally do they require from students.... I am sure you would certainly have an idea about those documents.??

Krishna13

May 19, 2018
Offer letter, enrollment letter, bank profile statement, imm5257, Electronic Pic, passport first and last page
Bro.. I guess.. When you mean to say Enrollment letter and Offer letter.. then you are pointing out letter of acceptance... Am right...?? I don't want to miss any important document to attach in my extension request application... That's why bro am confirming...

Aneep Kumar

Mar 14, 2018
Ottawa
If you studying in course then provide Enrollment letter. If your course is yet to start then offer letter is enough (also provide fees receipt if you have )

Krishna13

May 19, 2018
If you studying in course then provide Enrollment letter. If your course is yet to start then offer letter is enough (also provide fees receipt if you have )
Yeah, that's why I got confused between enrollment letter and offer letter...
Its clear now... Thnxxx brother... :)

Krishna13

May 19, 2018
Bro. One more thing which I would like to share, college's International Student Advisor has suggested that one needs to show minimum 10,000 CAD as a proof of financial support ... And in IMM 5709 form we must reveal the precise amount which we are having under the option "FUNDS AVAILABLE"... Usually as per CIC it is required to show tuition fees plus Living Expenses... But still we must show CAD 10,000 in the bank account :( in order to gain a positive outcome... otherwise questions regarding funds may be raised...

Bro do you have any Idea that what should I do in this situation.... you earlier suggested that minimum 2500 CAD is more than suffice but advisor is asking something else.. :(

Last edited:
Reactions: Aneep Kumar
Nov 11, 2018
I do not understand the point of doing same course first at college then at University?
I am student of post graduate in mechanical , its complted on April 2019, I received offer letter for masters in mechanical on may 2019 intack, so my P. G CREDIT score for Subject examption of masters Subject,

rashisingh223

Dec 19, 2018
hey guys,

I’m going to be extending my study permit but I’m only going to need to extend it by 1 month because the original study permit expiration date is December 1st 2018 and my final semester ends about 13 or 14 days after my original study permit expires. Now my question is since I’m only extending 1 month will they do it? I hope so because i was full time for 2 semesters before this one. I wish to apply for my PGWP after December. Also I see the application package includes a form called “Statuatory declaration of common law union” I have a common law partner who I’ve been living with for 1.5 years. What does this form do/show to immigration? I’m curious.
Hi, did you get approval for your extension?

Aneep Kumar

Mar 14, 2018
Ottawa
Bro. One more thing which I would like to share, college's International Student Advisor has suggested that one needs to show minimum 10,000 CAD as a proof of financial support ... And in IMM 5709 form we must reveal the precise amount which we are having under the option "FUNDS AVAILABLE"... Usually as per CIC it is required to show tuition fees plus Living Expenses... But still we must show CAD 10,000 in the bank account :( in order to gain a positive outcome... otherwise questions regarding funds may be raised...

Bro do you have any Idea that what should I do in this situation.... you earlier suggested that minimum 2500 CAD is more than suffice but advisor is asking something else.. :(
No dear, for extension of study permit, mini amount in account should be 2500 CDN, 10000CDN needed new study permit or you are applying for first time. As you are extending your previous SP, so 2500 dollar statement is enough. I got SP extension for 3 time on the same basis.