+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Study permit extension help

Aneep Kumar

Mar 14, 2018
Ottawa
If you have offer letter of Manitoba school, then apply for study permit extension based on that that Offer letter. Take profile statement from your bank and apply for study permit extension. You need not to have 4 months bank statement. If you have paid fees for your january Course in Manitoba, then attach with it. There is no problem in study permit extension. And I assume your course ends up in September then apply for study permit extension before 90 dyas. And your course if starting after 4 months then you can work on SIN in this period for first 150 days after applying study permit extension.

Krishna13

May 19, 2018
If you have offer letter of Manitoba school, then apply for study permit extension based on that that Offer letter. Take profile statement from your bank and apply for study permit extension. You need not to have 4 months bank statement. If you have paid fees for your january Course in Manitoba, then attach with it. There is no problem in study permit extension. And I assume your course ends up in September then apply for study permit extension before 90 dyas. And your course if starting after 4 months then you can work on SIN in this period for first 150 days after applying study permit extension.
Thank you Aneep for you kind suggestion....
bro, I did not get you regarding profile statement from my bank... What is it...?

And Bro.. sorry to disturb you but I would like to confirm regarding "proof of funds "... do we again need to show the proof of funds.. For example, if another one year program cost us $15,000 then do we again have to show the whole $15,000 money in my bank account ... like In the same manner.. I showed them when I first applied from India .?? Actually,
my bank statements show only balance of $500 and i already paid ONLY 1 semester fees, I dont want the cic thinnking i cannot sustain myself as my available balance is low. if I am not having enough balance in my back account then I would not be issued an extension...? How much funds exactly required to show them..??

Bro, secondly.. my current course would be completed in this coming december and new program which I wish to join would be starting in Jan 2019... So is there any rule that before applying for extension we have to complete our first course...??
And if they do not give decision on time then Can I start taking classes from January 2019...???

Please help

Last edited:

Aneep Kumar

Mar 14, 2018
Ottawa
The minimum amount that you have to show is 2500 CdN dollars in your account. Just go to bank and ask them to give you your bank profile statement. They will stamp your bank statement that shows total amount of 2500 CDN dollars in your account. Thats it.

Krishna13

May 19, 2018
The minimum amount that you have to show is 2500 CdN dollars in your account. Just go to bank and ask them to give you your bank profile statement. They will stamp your bank statement that shows total amount of 2500 CDN dollars in your account. Thats it.
Okk.. bro it means I should first deposit 2000 CDN in my bank account.. Because presently I am having 500 CDN in my account... And then after I should apply for extension..... Minimum 2500 CDN is required by the CIC... Am I right..??

Bro, secondly.. my current course would be completed in this coming december and new program which I wish to join would be starting in Jan 2019... So is there any rule that before applying for extension we have to complete our first course...??
And if they do not give decision on time then Can I start taking classes from January 2019...???

Thanks in advance

Aneep Kumar

Mar 14, 2018
Ottawa
Yes you can start taking classes as your status would be an implied one. But make sure you apply to extend your study permit in advance. Before it expires. Its ypur duty to keep it valid.

Krishna13

May 19, 2018
Yes you can start taking classes as your status would be an implied one. But make sure you apply to extend your study permit in advance. Before it expires. Its ypur duty to keep it valid.
Thnxxx.. bro. but is it imperative to show Minimum 2500 CDN in my bank account as it is required by the CIC... ?? If one is not having then what we should do...??

ericusdab

Mar 24, 2017
Hello I’m really confused I have applied for my study permit extension more than 1 and half months now no reply. I came to Canada on September 4 2018, even though I had my visa last year June but some reason I didn’t come to Canada so I planned to come this year. When I arrived I was told to renew my visa and I did after one 2weeks but still no update! My current visa expires 30th November 2018 and I have final exams after that , what should I do? Should stop schooling?

bongoman

VIP Member
Dec 3, 2014
Hello I’m really confused I have applied for my study permit extension more than 1 and half months now no reply. I came to Canada on September 4 2018, even though I had my visa last year June but some reason I didn’t come to Canada so I planned to come this year. When I arrived I was told to renew my visa and I did after one 2weeks but still no update! My current visa expires 30th November 2018 and I have final exams after that , what should I do? Should stop schooling?
Once you apply for an extension you are on implied status which means you have the same rights as someone with a study permit no need to stop school or work. Just wait for your extension results.

Reactions: Aneep Kumar

Aneep Kumar

Mar 14, 2018
Ottawa
You will get results in Couple of weeks as current SP extension time is 54 Days. So no need to worry dear. You are respecting study Petmits Terms and conditions. So no problem. You are legal as you have previous study permit valid. After that expires ( if you do not get result on SP EXTENSION) then you will under implied status and can continue your study. But you are a genuine student. So you will get your document for sure. So chill.

Nov 11, 2018
Hello, I am student in p. g, one plus one Year course, my first one Year course complted on april, I have offer from University for masters in same field on may intack, What can I do?, my student permit complted on jan 2020, when I apply for extention of study permit, and my credit score continue of my master study

Krishna13

May 19, 2018
You are welcome
Hi Aneep Bro... :)
Hope you're doing well !

Bro.. It would be a great help if you let me know all of the documents which are required to submit for study permit extension... Actually, I am worried.. I don't want to miss any important document to attach in my extension request application... I don't want an officer to refuse my study permit request.... Therefore, I am requesting you to please make me familiar with the steps to be followed while submitting the file and which exactly documents are required by CIC....

Please help

Aneep Kumar

Mar 14, 2018
Ottawa
Make GCKey. Answer all necessary question. Choose study permit extension. After you answering questions is finished, A number will be given to you that you have to fill after you will sign up for your CIC account Make sure you record the number or click picture. And on clicking next they will be a list of documents they need from you. Then arrange all those documents. Its a simpe process.

Good Luck.