Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
hey guys,

I’m going to be extending my study permit but I’m only going to need to extend it by 1 month because the original study permit expiration date is December 1st 2018 and my final semester ends about 13 or 14 days after my original study permit expires. Now my question is since I’m only extending 1 month will they do it? I hope so because i was full time for 2 semesters before this one. I wish to apply for my PGWP after December. Also I see the application package includes a form called “Statuatory declaration of common law union” I have a common law partner who I’ve been living with for 1.5 years. What does this form do/show to immigration? I’m curious.

Reactions: rashisingh223

Aneep Kumar

Mar 14, 2018
Ottawa
Yes. They will extend it. Apply with your Enrollment letter. Also write your expected duration of completion in Imm 5709. No need to worry. They will extend it.

Last edited:

Joeydocs

Sep 5, 2017
Pickering
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Yes. They will extend it. Apply with your Enrollment letter. Also write your expected duration of completion in Imm 5257. No need to worry. They will extend it.

Aneep,

Which is imm 5257? I searched it up and it came up with a TRV. I’m from the US so correct me if I’m wrong but I don’t think I need a TRV?

Aneep Kumar

Mar 14, 2018
Ottawa
Sorry it Is IMM5709, change condition or extend stay as student. In this forum put 90 day extra from the day of completion of your course

Aneep Kumar

Mar 14, 2018
Ottawa
You need study permit as far as I know. Your valid Study permit will allow you leave and enter Canada if you have valid USA passport

enigmatic99

Star Member
Jun 27, 2016
Sorry it Is IMM5709, change condition or extend stay as student. In this forum put 90 day extra from the day of completion of your course
Do we need to write the date of the f program completion + 90 days by our own or writing only the exact day of program completion will be fine?

enigmatic99

Star Member
Jun 27, 2016
Day of completion of program on offer letter+90 days must be written. This will benefit u.
Actually, I am going to extend my study permit until february 22 2019, the letter that I received from my college states the same date, So can I just make up a new date by adding 90 days on my own ?

Linhly

Oct 9, 2018
Actually, I am going to extend my study permit until february 22 2019, the letter that I received from my college states the same date, So can I just make up a new date by adding 90 days on my own ?
Yes u should. Because you still need extra time to wait for ur Letter of completion of ur program. Also to apply for your PGWP as well. Feel free to add upto 90 days. Wont be any problem

Sabeen99

Jun 14, 2018
Yes. I had done the same. And they got it approved.
Yes u should. Because you still need extra time to wait for ur Letter of completion of ur program. Also to apply for your PGWP as well. Feel free to add upto 90 days. Wont be any problem
Hi guys, thank you for your reply. I have one more question regarding proof of fund. Can I just download 4 months bank statement (online) and upload it or do I need to have an official letter from the bank to extend my study permit?

Linhly

Oct 9, 2018
Hi guys, thank you for your reply. I have one more question regarding proof of fund. Can I just download 4 months bank statement (online) and upload it or do I need to have an official letter from the bank to extend my study permit?
For me, I went to the bank to ask for the statement, they also stamp on the paper for u. I think u dont have to, but I kust prefer it this way :)

Sabeen99

Jun 14, 2018
For me, I went to the bank to ask for the statement, they also stamp on the paper for u. I think u dont have to, but I kust prefer it this way :)
I guess in my location the bank's office has been closed, and tomorrow (sunday) is also off. So can I go with e-statement only?

Krishna13

May 19, 2018
Yes. I had done the same. And they got it approved.
Hi Bro...

I need your precious suggestions... I have a situation which I would like to discuss with you... If anyone has recently completed 1yr studies in canada... and again wants to get himself enrolled for another 1 year program... it means 1 + 1 yr program... just because to obtain 3 years PGWP...

My current study permit expires in december 2018 and plans on attending a different school in Manitoba (still a DLI) however it will be for a January 2019 Intake.

So now the query is..

1. Should I apply for study permit extension even though it starts in January Or I will need a new study permit..???? And what is the success rate.. that officer would again issue Or allow us for a study permit extension?

2. How easy to obtain study permit extension if applying within Canada?

3. More importantly, do we again need to show the proof of funds.. It is reflecting as one of the options which is mandatory to show while trying to apply online on CIC's website... For example, if another one year program cost us $15,000 then do we again have to show money in my bank account ... like In the same manner.. I showed them when I first applied from India .??
And suppose.. if I am not having enough balance in my back account then I would not be issued an extension...? funds available, i am quite not sure what to put, as my bank statements show a total balance of $500 and i already paid ONLY 1 semester fees, I dont want the cic thinnking i cannot sustain myself as my available balance is low.

4.Is getting an extension approved easier than when you apply for the first time ? As in are they less likely to refuse (as long as you have all the documentation of course) ?

Please note : (Previous study permit not expired)

I am sure you could assist ...it would be a great help...
Thanks in advance... :)

Last edited: