+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Study permit extension delay (applied March 2020)

visajon

May 26, 2020
I applied for my study permit extension on 21 March 2020 and uo till now have not received even a single update or bio metric correspondence and i know obviously because of COVID 19 there were going to be some delays , but im seeing people who applied as late as April and May have received updates or approvals? Is there a specific system they use,is there something wrong i did with the application and has anyone who applied from March 2020 received any update?

V!®

Jun 14, 2020
I have applied on 2nd March through VAs , which is paper based application . I only get medical updated on 8th June after that I don't have any apdate .

Sage24

May 30, 2020
I applied for my study permit extension on 21 March 2020 and uo till now have not received even a single update or bio metric correspondence and i know obviously because of COVID 19 there were going to be some delays , but im seeing people who applied as late as April and May have received updates or approvals? Is there a specific system they use,is there something wrong i did with the application and has anyone who applied from March 2020 received any update?
Did you get any update?
I applied on 20th March. Same situation. No updates on biometrics either although they are now waived.

rogertoland

Star Member
Apr 16, 2017
Canada
I applied on Feb 25 and no update yet. Not even BIL though now biometrics are waived. Still nothing happening to my file. I am graduating this August.

Asmii

Star Member
Nov 9, 2019
where did you applied from high commission in Delhi is currently processing paper application only

annaturner

Star Member
Oct 15, 2019
Are people with extended study permits allowed to enter Canada? I’ve been living there for 5 years since 2016 and my study permit expired after March 18th but it was valid at the time restrictions took place, so I got extended study permit issued after March 18th. Do you think I’ll be allowed to travel?

p.s i have a lease and can proved that I’m established in Canada