+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

study permit extension concern need guidelines

khan5858

Mar 9, 2014
need help !!!!!!! plzzzz

I Am international student in came on 2yrs study permit in international buisness programme in seneca college here in september intake in 2012(only done 1st semester) in seneca college and since then ive not studied cuz of some reason now my study permit expires on in july 2014 and i took admisssion in same college for 3 yrs buisness programme for may intake i paid fees for 1st semester and have enogh funds in bank too . im just worried that i had not studied whole 2013 + 2014 jan . did Vo will extend my study permit or not cuzz seneca college had a big name and government funded.plz help me out

bazbezoon

Feb 16, 2014
khan5858 said:
need help !!!!!!! plzzzz

I Am international student in came on 2yrs study permit in international buisness programme in seneca college here in september intake in 2012(only done 1st semester) in seneca college and since then ive not studied cuz of some reason now my study permit expires on in july 2014 and i took admisssion in same college for 3 yrs buisness programme for may intake i paid fees for 1st semester and have enogh funds in bank too . im just worried that i had not studied whole 2013 + 2014 jan . did Vo will extend my study permit or not cuzz seneca college had a big name and government funded.plz help me out
Hey,

I am in the same situation, I have a gap of 2 years where I did not attend school, longer than yours, I have had medical reasons and circumstances.

You have to submit your application, also submit transcripts of the semester you attended, and write an explanation letter as to why you did not attend your initial program, also why you switched to another program.

there are things that happen in life, sometimes we do mistakes, and sometimes we face difficulties as international student, sometimes we change our mind about our studies, whatever it is, write a genuine letter explain your situation.

If the VO is satisfied that you will be a genuine student, then I will you should get your extension, but don't mess it up this time, Canada is a great country that open its doors to international students like ourselves, and are generous and understanding. we have to thrive to achieve the educational purpose of coming to Canada.

Don't worry too much brother, things happen and we all make mistakes, we're people after all, just remember to write a genuine letter, no lies whatsoever and explain yourself with all honesty.

in worst case scenario, we will have to leave and re-apply from our home country for a new study permit.

Remember, if you get refused, don't over stay your study permit, leave before you become out of statues, if you become out of statues, you have 90 days to apply for restoration, however if nothing changed regarding your application then chances are you will get refused.

make sure you don't stay here illegally, hopefully you will get approved bro, but if god forbid you didn't, then leave peacefully and re-apply for a new study permit.

good luck

bazbezoon

Feb 16, 2014
khan5858 said:
thx br but what if i apply for 1yr programme cuzz i also have offfer letter of different college .
you can do that too,

but you said you already paid for may semester? if the one year program is what you really want for yourself, then take what you believe in bro. take things serious and go for the program that you are passionate about and want.

vipsv

Star Member
Jun 3, 2013
khan5858 said:
need help !!!!!!! plzzzz

You will get it dude, there are no worries. As CIC did not ask you about your study in last 2 years, So please do not worry.

mead

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-11-2012
Doc's Request.
28-11-2012
IELTS Request
n/a
Med's Request
n/a
Med's Done....
n/a
VISA ISSUED...
6-12-2012
khan5858 said:
need help !!!!!!! plzzzz

ru in canada without studying for 1 year? most likely working illegally

" Proof of academic standing at institution(s): letter from institutional registrar and/or photocopies of transcript from your last two periods of study "

I just wonder how ru going to provide transcripts with good academic standing? most probably ur application to extend study permit would be rejected....

txboyscout

Jun 9, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
03-08-2011
As far as the rules go, you have violated the condition of your SP. You were not enrolled in school for more than 1 academic year.

If rules are followed to the letter, your extension will be denied and you will be issued with a removal order. However, it depends on the VO-they may give you a chance to explain why you were not going to school or even ignore that you were not enrolled.

You should be aware though that with the new rules coming into effect June 2014, colleges and universities will be required to report any students who drop out and their SP's will be immediately cancelled.

khan5858

Mar 9, 2014
If I apply before June and show some private college where I studied then it will be considered or not

mead

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-11-2012
Doc's Request.
28-11-2012
IELTS Request
n/a
Med's Request
n/a
Med's Done....
n/a
VISA ISSUED...
6-12-2012
khan5858 said:
If I apply before June and show some private college where I studied then it will be considered or not
first of all do u have a reason u stayed in canada and did not study? showing fake documents of private college and misrepresentation is not going to help ur case u need a lawyer...most likely u will get ur study permit rejected.....the new rules r coming out cause they want to crack down on people like u who come on study permit but do not study.

khan5858

Mar 9, 2014
But one of my frnd with same case did not study 2 years and he got visa extension in centinial of 1 yes I just want 8 more moth extension so I can complete my studies

sabby2612

Mar 14, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
khan5858 said:
need help !!!!!!! plzzzz

it is natural for you to worry. Nobody here can help you in anyway. You should write a letter explaining your situation. Yes, there are cases where people got approval and yes there are cases where people were asked to leave. So, you should apply ASAP and wait for the verdict.

wish you luck!

jykl608

Dec 6, 2012
where you part of a coop program?

if yes, then you can justify that you were doing a coop program.

if the only permission you had in Canada was a study permit, then you must get a letter of verification from
Seneca College stating your official enrollment period. The verification letter must be attached to your application before
you submit it to CIC.