+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Study Permit extension, bad grades.

hassaananjum

Jan 7, 2018
Hello,
Im in my 5th semester, enrolled in bba. My current gpa is 1.2 and i recieved an email from the university that i am withdrawn from school for a year. They said that i can take this semester but then i'll have to rejoin in Winter 2021. I know it will impact on my PGWP but as of right now im worried about my study permit.
My study permit expires mid May and i have to get it extended. I want to apply for extension but i dont know if the application for extenion will be approved or not. Can my bad academic record and withdrawal from university makes it hard to get extension on study permit?

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hello,
Im in my 5th semester, enrolled in bba. My current gpa is 1.2 and i recieved an email from the university that i am withdrawn from school for a year. They said that i can take this semester but then i'll have to rejoin in Winter 2021. I know it will impact on my PGWP but as of right now im worried about my study permit.
My study permit expires mid May and i have to get it extended. I want to apply for extension but i dont know if the application for extenion will be approved or not. Can my bad academic record and withdrawal from university makes it hard to get extension on study permit?
You don't qualify for an extension. You either need to change your status to visitor or leave Canada until you can apply for a new study permit to resume your studies.

hassaananjum

Jan 7, 2018
Can i change universities and get it extended? I am really confused and worried that i might never be able to rejoin school here.

bongoman

VIP Member
Dec 3, 2014
Can i change universities and get it extended? I am really confused and worried that i might never be able to rejoin school here.
If you get admitted to another program/school/college while still in school & before SP expires you should be able to extend your permit. The normal requirements still apply of course.

captainarabiia

VIP Member
Mar 17, 2015
Winnipeg
Visa Office......
Riyadh Visa Office
App. Filed.......
22-02-2018
Passport Req..
11-03-2018
The only best option I see as of now, is to get into a program you feel comfortable in.
Change your school/program.

As @bongoman mentioned above.