+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Study permit extension, April 2018

Rigesh lama

Star Member
Feb 9, 2018
Thimphu
Hello friend I have applied for my study permit extension on May 11 and haven't hard from them.since I did it through my college they said my applicatio was paper based so it will take me 112days and my application is not processed yet. Anyone with similarsituation

viks1303

May 31, 2018
Hello friend I have applied for my study permit extension on May 11 and haven't hard from them.since I did it through my college they said my applicatio was paper based so it will take me 112days and my application is not processed yet. Anyone with similarsituation
Hey buddy, have you thought of linking your paper application online? I think it’s much faster that way. I applied on April 19 and still havent heard from them and paper applications take even longer so :) all the best to both of us!

Rigesh lama

Star Member
Feb 9, 2018
Thimphu
Hey buddy, have you thought of linking your paper application online? I think it’s much faster that way. I applied on April 19 and still havent heard from them and paper applications take even longer so :) all the best to both of us!
Hello friend thank you for your suggestion. We can do that. Can you please tell me how I can do it. I applied from my college though , you did the same ?

Rigesh lama

Star Member
Feb 9, 2018
Thimphu

Rigesh lama

Star Member
Feb 9, 2018
Thimphu

viks1303

May 31, 2018
Thank you bro it helped me alot. The thing Is I submites the docuemts through my collegebut I do have the copies of the documetns , they took my passport and copy of study permit is it fine to linky my application by my self ?
Hi friend, as long as you have all the essential information and the application number, you should be able to link it after you created an account! All the best!

Rigesh lama

Star Member
Feb 9, 2018
Thimphu
Hi friend, as long as you have all the essential information and the application number, you should be able to link it after you created an account! All the best!
hello friend when i tried to link my application it says application could not be found. so i asked help form my locality MP and they informed me that my application is paper based so it will take 112 days if it was done online it would take 35 working days, they said processing of my application has not even started and they are processing february paper based application right now. :(

viks1303

May 31, 2018
hello friend when i tried to link my application it says application could not be found. so i asked help form my locality MP and they informed me that my application is paper based so it will take 112 days if it was done online it would take 35 working days, they said processing of my application has not even started and they are processing february paper based application right now. :(
Oh no, I'm sorry to hear that then! :'( I hope there's a better solution!

AstronomyNut

Jan 24, 2018
Hi everyone,

I'm looking for an answer to my dilemma. Some background, I had applied for a thesis based master's program at Waterloo but was accepted into a course based program. The thesis based program is 24 months and the course based is 16 months. Based on this, I applied for a study permit for 16 months. However, afterwards, I was able to get in touch with a professor who said he will take me on as a student and transfer me to a thesis based masters. This was my ultimate goal, for many reasons.

So, I will have to apply for an extension around 3 months before my permit expires so i can finish up my thesis based degree. My worry is that if if my study permit is denied, I won't be able to graduate with ANY degree as the requirements of course based and research based degrees differ significantly.

So what can I do? I understand that almost every study permit extension applicant probably faces this dilemma; so I'm just here seeking some advice.