+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Study permit extension, April 2018

barroso26jonathan

May 29, 2018
Hey guys, I called CPC Vegreville Office today and they said due to the number of applications they received, it will take a little longer to process. He told me that I should be expecting an answer by next week or two (applied on April 19). We will see how it goes. Fingers crossed because I have to book my plane ticket home soon!
Hi viks1303, How did you call the CPC of Vegreville?

Mannu:(

Mar 24, 2018
hey
Hey guys, I just got my permit approved today.
bro, I also got admission in 1 year diploma for sep 2018. please tell me for which intake i will extend my study permit May ya September. My course completion date is 19 april.

m_bashir

Star Member
Jun 3, 2018
Hey sorry, I'm not sure about that. I think you should consult your immigration assistant at your college. They can give you accurate information about this.
I did mine all with their help.

Mar 24, 2018
okk
Hey sorry, I'm not sure about that. I think you should consult your immigration assistant at your college. They can give you accurate information about this.
I did mine all with their help.
when was your 1 st course means which intake and 2nd intake

m_bashir

Star Member
Jun 3, 2018
My first intake was in january 2017.
My study permit is valid till Aug 30th.
So I renewed it for September.

Sunny86

May 28, 2018
okkkh thanks and for extension Gic is compulsory or not??
No for extension GIC is not needed.

Proof of financial support while you study in Canada:

You must prove you have enough money (in Canadian funds) to support yourself while you study in Canada. This can include:

1. a bank statement or a letter from a Canadian bank showing how much money you have in your bank account (must indicate your name and the account number);
  2. a copy of the letter giving the details about your scholarship or Canadian-funded educational program (such as a CIDA program);
  3. a letter from a person (describe the relationship to you) who is giving you financial help, explaining the arrangements made for your expenses. (This information is protected under the Privacy Act and cannot be released to a third party without your sponsor’s consent.)
Persons and their family members whose refugee claim has been sent to the Refugee Division do not have to give proof of financial support.

Mar 24, 2018
ok
No for extension GIC is not needed.

Proof of financial support while you study in Canada:

You must prove you have enough money (in Canadian funds) to support yourself while you study in Canada. This can include:

1. a bank statement or a letter from a Canadian bank showing how much money you have in your bank account (must indicate your name and the account number);
  2. a copy of the letter giving the details about your scholarship or Canadian-funded educational program (such as a CIDA program);
  3. a letter from a person (describe the relationship to you) who is giving you financial help, explaining the arrangements made for your expenses. (This information is protected under the Privacy Act and cannot be released to a third party without your sponsor’s consent.)
Persons and their family members whose refugee claim has been sent to the Refugee Division do not have to give proof of financial support.
okkk thanks bro