+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Study permit extension, April 2018

vansau

May 18, 2018
I thought of creating this thread for people who applied to extend their study permit around April 2018.

I applied on April 7th, but haven't received any update yet. The current processing time on the CIC website is 35 days, which is already past due for my case.

Anyone applied in the same period and have received their permit?

Mano26

Jul 18, 2017
I thought of creating this thread for people who applied to extend their study permit around April 2018.

I applied on April 7th, but haven't received any update yet. The current processing time on the CIC website is 35 days, which is already past due for my case.

Anyone applied in the same period and have received their permit?

I applied on 8 April 2018. But didn't get any updates on my status. Some of my friends who applied after me have got their application status approved.

vansau

May 18, 2018
I would expect we hear back next week based on March applicants. Do you know how early your friends applied and when they received the approval?

vansau

May 18, 2018
I'm starting to worry as It has been 43 days since I applied and I have an upcoming trip on June 3rd. The status still shows that they haven't started reviewing my eligibility yet. I used the contact form on CIC website to inquire about the status of my application, it has been 7 days and there is no response yet. Would calling CIC help? Any recommendations to expedite the process to make sure I have my permit before I travel?

Last edited:

Mano26

Jul 18, 2017
I would expect we hear back next week based on March applicants. Do you know how early your friends applied and when they received the approval?
My study permit extesnion got approved today. Hope yours going to be approved soon. tc

vansau

May 18, 2018
My study permit extesnion got approved today. Hope yours going to be approved soon. tc
Congratulations! I hope mine will come soon. Did they send you a message or update the application when they started reviewing your eligibility?

Mine still shows Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start reviewing your eligibility.

viks1303

May 31, 2018
Congratulations! I hope mine will come soon. Did they send you a message or update the application when they started reviewing your eligibility?

Mine still shows Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start reviewing your eligibility.
Hi Vansau, did you get any reply yet?

cheriii

May 31, 2018
Hi there,

I have applied for study permit extension on April 11, 2018, unfortunately it is more than 51 day and we have not received any update! I have send an inquiry through web-form 10 days ago but I did not get any response by them as well. These recent days I have called CIC many times and the system says the lines are full and are not able to connect me to agent !!

I was wondering if there is any other way to contact them?

Thank you

Last edited:

m_bashir

Star Member
Jun 3, 2018
Hi did anyone's study permit extension got approved yet?
I applied on May 4th, anyone near that date?

viks1303

May 31, 2018
Hey guys, I called CPC Vegreville Office today and they said due to the number of applications they received, it will take a little longer to process. He told me that I should be expecting an answer by next week or two (applied on April 19). We will see how it goes. Fingers crossed because I have to book my plane ticket home soon!

m_bashir

Star Member
Jun 3, 2018
Hey guys, I called CPC Vegreville Office today and they said due to the number of applications they received, it will take a little longer to process. He told me that I should be expecting an answer by next week or two (applied on April 19). We will see how it goes. Fingers crossed because I have to book my plane ticket home soon!
Okayy Great! Goodluck to everyone!