+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Study Permit Extension Application giving me incorrect document checklist?

LeonChen

Jul 2, 2020
Hello everyone,
I'm looking to extend my study permit online. I've answered the questionnaire, and my document checklist says I need to submit [IMM5257] Application for Visitor Visa (Temporary Resident Visa) Made Outside of Canada. However, according to the Study Permit Extension guide on canada.ca, the correct form is [IMM 5709] Application to Change Conditions, Extend my stay or Remain in Canada as a Student. No matter what answers I give to the questionnaire the application still does not give me the option to upload [IMM 5709]. Does anyone know how I can create the correct application?

thevisawhisperer

Champion Member
Jun 10, 2020
West Coast
The problem appears to be in how you are answering the questions leading the system to select the TRV application. Have you tried changing your answers to see if you get a different result? Perhaps you're misinterpreting one or more of the questions?

LeonChen

Jul 2, 2020
As I mentioned, I gave a number of different answers to the questionnaire, but it gives me other results, none of which give me the option for [IMM 5709].

thevisawhisperer

Champion Member
Jun 10, 2020
West Coast
Try going through the questionnaire with someone else. Maybe they can spot something that you've become blind to. Otherwise, without watching you enter the information I'm not sure how anyone can help you with this problem.

bongoman

VIP Member
Dec 3, 2014
You are choosing the wrong things in the questionaire, what are you putting for current residence, current status in Canada and what are you putting for when your current permit expires?