+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Study permit extension 2023

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hey guys any advise,
My brother stupidly didn't renew his study permit before expiry which expired dec 1st 2023 because that was his last semester. Unfortunately he has to retake just one course and now he has no status and needs to apply for restoration. Any advice on how to avoid a refusal and the processing time for restoration?
So he isn’t studying or working if his study permit expired on December 1. He had to renew prior to December 1. He had to stop studying and working at time. All he can do is apply for restoration along with study permit extension. Hopefully it comes before the next semester so he can take the one course.

Last edited:

Chefnimz

Star Member
Jan 10, 2019
So he isn’t studying or working if his study permit expired on December 1. He had to renew prior to December 1. He had to stop studying and working at time. All he can do is apply for restoration along with study permit extension. Hopefully it comes before the next semester so he can take the one course.
Hopefully, fingers crossed he gets approved. Thank you

Rifaat95

Apr 13, 2024
Hi! I applied for study permit extension together with requests for extension of my spouse's SOWP and my daughter's SP on December 5, 2022. Still nothing. eligibility review hasn't started. I learnt that another student in my class applied and got her extension in a month last summer, but she applied alone and she was Iranian maybe they accelerated her application due to the situation in her country. not sure. but normally ppl get an extension in 4 months as far as I see. lets inform each other here re the process of our applications.
Hi can you contact me I am in the same situation I applied 4th December with SOWP. email: rifaatfawziahislamrafa@gmailcom