+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Study permit expiry period

saeedft9

Aug 25, 2020
Hi everyone,

I applied for the PGWP on Aug. 2nd and I want to ask about the study permit expiry date. In my application, I attached my degree completion letter under the "Completion of Studies Letter" section. In my degree completion letter, it is mentioned that my degree would be awarded on May 13th, although this letter itself was issued on April 28th. So, according to that, I applied for PGWP on Aug. 2nd which is less than 90 days from May 13th. Also, on my degree it self, May 13th is mentioned as the date of issue. Now, does the 90-day period start from April 28th? or does it start from the date when my degree was issued (i.e. May 13th). I asked IRCC via web form but their generic answer did not help!

Thanks,

lostinquebec

Feb 8, 2019
Hi everyone,

I applied for the PGWP on Aug. 2nd and I want to ask about the study permit expiry date. In my application, I attached my degree completion letter under the "Completion of Studies Letter" section. In my degree completion letter, it is mentioned that my degree would be awarded on May 13th, although this letter itself was issued on April 28th. So, according to that, I applied for PGWP on Aug. 2nd which is less than 90 days from May 13th. Also, on my degree it self, May 13th is mentioned as the date of issue. Now, does the 90-day period start from April 28th? or does it start from the date when my degree was issued (i.e. May 13th). I asked IRCC via web form but their generic answer did not help!

Thanks,
It starts on April 28th

The 90 days begin

• on the date you get the first notification from your school (such as an email, letter, transcript, etc.) that you completed your program or
  • when you get your degree, diploma or certificate.
If you can’t prove the date you were first notified by your school, we’ll use the earliest issue date on the document. We may need to confirm this date with your school.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/study-canada/extend-study-permit/when-to-apply.html

saeedft9

Aug 25, 2020
It starts on April 28th

The 90 days begin

• on the date you get the first notification from your school (such as an email, letter, transcript, etc.) that you completed your program or
  • when you get your degree, diploma or certificate.
If you can’t prove the date you were first notified by your school, we’ll use the earliest issue date on the document. We may need to confirm this date with your school.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/study-canada/extend-study-permit/when-to-apply.html
[/QUOT
Thanks.

I paid and sent a receipt for $350 for restoring my status using the web form according to that. So, am I not eligible to work until my PGWP approves? Or is there anything I can do to justify my case? Since I am about to get a job offer in a day or two.

lostinquebec

Feb 8, 2019
Thanks.

I paid and sent a receipt for $350 for restoring my status using the web form according to that. So, am I not eligible to work until my PGWP approves? Or is there anything I can do to justify my case? Since I am about to get a job offer in a day or two.
Usually once you apply to PGWP you can start working until you get a decision, but in your case with the restoration, I have no idea, I´ll leave it to someone else.

adebjos

Aug 27, 2020
Thanks.

Is that the process (just attach receipt) that we must do from now on to restore SP when the intention is to apply for PGWP? I am confused because there are some posts from a few months ago where people make two separate applications.