+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Study Permit Convention refugee

danjay

Jul 30, 2017
Ok that's good. Just wait until they post how much u need to pay in your students account. If they are charging you international fee then give them a call. They will need simple stuff such as your notice of decision to prove that your a domestic student.

squreshi04

Jun 14, 2019
Ok that's good. Just wait until they post how much u need to pay in your students account. If they are charging you international fee then give them a call. They will need simple stuff such as your notice of decision to prove that your a domestic student.
I already submitted that when I was applying for OSAP. My account shows domestic fees. I'll still give them a call to make sure. Thanks for the input!

squreshi04

Jun 14, 2019
Folks I never said you can't come here for education. I never said I don't support domestic rates FOR REFUGEES. Do you know HOW HARD IT IS TO GET IN VIA ASYLUM? Do not believe your weasel immigration consultants and their ads. I support refugee immigration and helping refugees. Many like our neighbours next door want nothing to do with you. They will just put you in prison. WE ARE NOT LIKE THAT YET AND DON"T WANT TO BE The problems is your attitudes. I am a high school teacher and I can tell you, for the want of another description, your attitutes suck. You are way too entitled. You forget you are guests. I am saying this with Trump right next door. His ideas pour out of our media. Now is not the time to be aggressive, angle working and entitled. In October we could elect Scheer's Conservatives. They will cut immigration to nothing. You MUST present a good positive image not one of entitled children. THINK ABOUT IT. LOOK AT OUR NEWS. Come On!!!
I have no idea where you are coming from, and I do not want to take more part in this clown show you call a conversation. I am a genuine refugee who had serious complications at home. If it weren't the case, I would've never thought to even leave a country where my mother gave me birth. I came to Canada due to the problems I faced, claimed refuge, the merciful Canadian government accepted it, which is why I am here.
You claim to be a high school teacher, having a great education and all, yet assuming untrue things like the ones mentioned in your previous comments. What you said earlier were just mere assumptions, pretty sick ones to say to random people on random forms. Unless you live with me, or have done a PHD on me and my family, you have no right to say the stuff you have said earlier. You say that our attitudes suck, but somehow you are the one suffering from the bad attitude fever? You're obviously older than me and I should respect you, but it does not mean that I let you walk all over me. I have never once in my life forgotten how helpful Canada has been. It has given me a new life, one that I will be forever grateful for from the bottom of my heart. But that does not mean I quietly listen to a random fed up stranger like yourself on a platform that was created for people like us to ask questions. Please expect no more reply from me. I am not accountable to you. You can keep your made up assumptions to yourself. Goodbye.

visatest

May 24, 2016
London Ontario Canada
Thanks! I already feel better.
squreshi04 sorry about that post I put up. It was too aggressive and talked about ten subjects. Anyhow it was taken down. I want to wish you the best in school in Canada. I'm grouchy sometimes because like I say I am a crabby old tech teacher. Sorry.

Since it was such a grouchy post I have to make it up to you. If you want low cost education in Canada try Memorial University in Newfoundland. It has an excellent reputation. It is much less than most Univesities becuase a person from Toronto would consider it off the beaten track. But the people are super, really friendly and I bet your cost of living is a third less than Toronto at least!

https://www.mun.ca/

Last edited:

squreshi04

Jun 14, 2019
squreshi04 sorry about that post I put up. It was too aggressive and talked about ten subjects. Anyhow it was taken down. I want to wish you the best in school in Canada. I'm grouchy sometimes because like I say I am a crabby old tech teacher. Sorry.

Since it was such a grouchy post I have to make it up to you. If you want low cost education in Canada try Memorial University in Newfoundland. It has an excellent reputation. It is much less than most Univesities becuase a person from Toronto would consider it off the beaten track. But the people are super, really friendly and I bet your cost of living is a third less than Toronto at least!

Thanks for the input! I have already accepted a university's admission but I'll sure look into it!

Reactions: visatest

Maleek0007

Star Member
May 17, 2019
Hi guys,I want to study in Canada I want to apply soon,what are the procedures,like tution fees and documents I will be needing,,will I pay tuition fees to the school before applying for a visa?

visatest

May 24, 2016
London Ontario Canada
This should help you out Maleek0007:
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/study-canada/study-permit.html

This is the lowest priced Canadian University (because of location: but the people are great.) St John's is a nice medium size regular modern Canadian city but on the island of Newfoundland. You get to the mainland by ferry. ($35 One Way).
  • Port aux Basques, NL - North Sydney, NS (Canada Mainland)
  • Excellent rates living costs are 1/3 (at least) less than Toronto
  • The Provincial Government subsidizes Memorial allowing it to have low costs.
  • Tuition - International is $11K vs. $56K U of T
  • Acommodation and meal plans are WAY below Toronto's
  • Offers just about everything. Including the only Naval and Pasenger Ship Architectural Design course in the world.
  • Has 20k students and a student teacher ratio of 16:1 (the best in Canada.)

Last edited:

Maleek0007

Star Member
May 17, 2019
This should help you out Maleek0007:
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/study-canada/study-permit.html

This is the lowest priced Canadian University (because of location: but the people are great.) St John's is a nice medium size regular modern Canadian city but on the island of Newfoundland. You get to the mainland by ferry. ($35 One Way).
  • Port aux Basques, NL - North Sydney, NS (Canada Mainland)
  • Excellent rates living costs are 1/3 (at least) less than Toronto
  • The Provincial Government subsidizes Memorial allowing it to have low costs.
  • Tuition - International is $11K vs. $56K U of T
  • Acommodation and meal plans are WAY below Toronto's
  • Offers just about everything. Including the only Naval and Pasenger Ship Architectural Design course in the world.
  • Has 20k students and a student teacher ratio of 16:1 (the best in Canada.)
Thanks for your input,but I don't think I'm gonna have to school where I will mess with crossing by ferry,hell no....I need a school in britisB colomCol

visatest

May 24, 2016
London Ontario Canada
You just have to know how to fish. The Newfies will march you down to the ocean side, give you a fishing pole and 10 mins. to hook a full size Tuna or you are flogged Newfie style; with a fish hide whip. Just Kidding, nothing like that would ever happen. I made it all up. Newfies are great Canadians!!!
Be aware eastern people are very, very cool. Some of their products include excellent fish, production-Trailer Park Boys, Screech! and great Cannabis. The west is very cool, but, 60K a year more cool?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Thanks for your input,but I don't think I'm gonna have to school where I will mess with crossing by ferry,hell no....I need a school in britisB colomCol
You should probably look at a map. No ferry needed to get to school. If you are worried about costs I would stay away from BC.

Luye

Jul 26, 2019
Im in the same boat do you guys know if a refugee claimant can be denied the
Permit like those in the regular stream regardless of funds?

I’ve heard conflicting information

Sky13

Feb 4, 2021
You do not need a study permit if you are a convention refugee aka a protected person
Hi, I am a protected person and my PR in the process. I am facing the same situation, the college that I enrolled in didn't ask for a study permit and told me I don't need one, I got OSAP funding as well without a study permit, do you have any resource to find about this in details?