+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Study Permit Conditions/Remarks

cilin

Star Member
Sep 3, 2019
I have exactly the same issue as you, I called IRCC and they told me that it's better if I change it. :( but I consulted with other migration lawyers and they said that it should be fine, since we still meet the criteria to work off campus (Full time master students at DLI institution). I don't really know what to do because it looks like amend the study permit could take up to 6 months.
Since it is not mandatory, I think we can start to work with our SIN, while amending it. I asked some employers and they don't ask for a study permit just sin number is ok.

danipulga04

Oct 21, 2021
Since it is not mandatory, I think we can start to work with our SIN, while amending it. I asked some employers and they don't ask for a study permit just sin number is ok.
I have called three times, and every time I call the IRCC they say different things. The first two people said that I should amend it just in case and the lady today told me that it is fine to work off campus with the study permit like that. She told me that it is fine to work like with that study permit because we already got a SIN number.

I am not sure what to do, I was thinking of amend it and only work on campus in the mean time. I think it's fine to work off and on campus, we meet the criteria anyways, but I think that I will amend it. How about you call? to see what they say this time.

Simba112

VIP Member
Mar 25, 2021
I have called three times, and every time I call the IRCC they say different things. The first two people said that I should amend it just in case and the lady today told me that it is fine to work off campus with the study permit like that. She told me that it is fine to work like with that study permit because we already got a SIN number.

I am not sure what to do, I was thinking of amend it and only work on campus in the mean time. I think it's fine to work off and on campus, we meet the criteria anyways, but I think that I will amend it. How about you call? to see what they say this time.
I would work on Campus and off-campus as per the prescribed hours in a week.

danipulga04

Oct 21, 2021
Hey! I already send my study permit to amend. I think it's fine to work in the meantime. I already got my SIN number. Please tell me how you're going to proceed.

cilin

Star Member
Sep 3, 2019
Hey! I already send my study permit to amend. I think it's fine to work in the meantime. I already got my SIN number. Please tell me how you're going to proceed.
I asked IRCC on their official Twitter and got an answer that I can work off-campus with that study permit. They didn't mention amending it. I've already started to work part-time. I think it is ok that you amend it. Let me know how long it will take.

cilin

Star Member
Sep 3, 2019
I received IRCC messages in my GCKey account today. They asked for my passport and send me an information letter saying that they are going to amend my study permit about the conditions and remarks. My original one has been cancelled at the same time. So I wonder what did you send? Both passport and study permit? Where did you send them? Thanks.

danipulga04

Oct 21, 2021
I received IRCC messages in my GCKey account today. They asked for my passport and send me an information letter saying that they are going to amend my study permit about the conditions and remarks. My original one has been cancelled at the same time. So I wonder what did you send? Both passport and study permit? Where did you send them? Thanks.
Hey,

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides/guide-5218-request-amend-record-landing-confirmation-permanent-residence-valid-temporary-resident-documents.html

Here is all the information you need for amending your study permit. I sent the form that they asked you to fill, Letter of Admission, Copy of my passport, original study permit, proof of enrollment and another government issued document (I sent my Alberta Healthcare Card). I did not send my passport, they did not ask me for it.

In the form, there is a check list of the documents you need to send. I sent them about a month ago, but it seems like it's going to take a while for them to fix it.

Did they say anything about you working while your study permit is amended?

cilin

Star Member
Sep 3, 2019
Hey,

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides/guide-5218-request-amend-record-landing-confirmation-permanent-residence-valid-temporary-resident-documents.html

Here is all the information you need for amending your study permit. I sent the form that they asked you to fill, Letter of Admission, Copy of my passport, original study permit, proof of enrollment and another government issued document (I sent my Alberta Healthcare Card). I did not send my passport, they did not ask me for it.

In the form, there is a check list of the documents you need to send. I sent them about a month ago, but it seems like it's going to take a while for them to fix it.

I submitted a webform, and they sent an Original passport request letter to my account yesterday. In another letter they said my original study permit has been cancelled in order to amend, and a new study permit will be issued. They use IRCC account to deal with that as if I’m applying a study visa, and my status change from approve to submit. The information of visa and study permit in the account disappeared. I have to send my passport to Ottawa.

danipulga04

Oct 21, 2021
I submitted a webform, and they sent an Original passport request letter to my account yesterday. In another letter they said my original study permit has been cancelled in order to amend, and a new study permit will be issued. They use IRCC account to deal with that as if I’m applying a study visa, and my status change from approve to submit. The information of visa and study permit in the account disappeared. I have to send my passport to Ottawa.
So you also have to stop studying? or how does that work?

cilin

Star Member
Sep 3, 2019
So you also have to stop studying? or how does that work?
I don't know, but I am on winter break now. I think issuing a new visa should be quicker than amending it. On their website, it says "You’ll get your passport back within 14 calendar days plus mailing time. "

Last edited:

natashaaa.i

Jan 12, 2022
Hi did your friend get her stidy permit back? i sent mine almost three months ago and no response. cam you tell me if she got any response from them?

I think the waiting time is long. A friend of mine applied to amend her study permit and she's been waiting for two months and no answer yet. :( I think I will still to send my study permit to amend it next week. anyways. There is also this phone number which you can call 18882422100

natashaaa.i

Jan 12, 2022
Hi did u get your study permit back??

Hey,

danipulga04

Oct 21, 2021
Hi did your friend get her stidy permit back? i sent mine almost three months ago and no response. cam you tell me if she got any response from them?
Hi, I sent mine in November and I have not heard anything back from them. I think it's going to take really long. My friend have not received hers either, and she sent it before me :(

What kind of remarks are you going to amend on your study permit???