+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Study Permit Challenges for Nigerian Applicants

Oladimeji2208

Apr 10, 2021
On the temporary residence visa what do you mean by S-1
If approved, you will be granted Study permit as per your revised LOA. TRV in this case S-1 can have different validity from the one obtained at POE. Make sure you present your new LoA for Winter semester

Jul 19, 2021
Pls who knows why the Nigerian student Express is taking longer than usual it's about 40 days no official visa decision. It is very frustrating, and my resumption is September 22nd. Is it still possible to get my passport stamped before 22nd September, after approval.

Reactions: Dchosen1

Zee23

Star Member
Dec 2, 2020
Greetings all,

Firstly, big thanks to those always commenting and sharing their knowledge and insights to the whole study permit process. It always lessens the burden of waiting.
Glory to God, I got my Ppr today.
Timeline:

Application submission... 14 may 2021
Biometrics letter................15th may
Biometrics (done in Lagos)..25th may (updated on portal same day)
No NSE request, no IELTS
upfront medicals..............2nd august
Update on portal(medicals)...............5th august
Made request for gcms note on 10th august, as the whole waiting was too much
No eligibility review started until today
Ppr along with correspondence letter.............7 sept
Intake......fall 2021 elec and comp eng (M.Eng)
My school actually resumes today

It's your turn to testify.
Hello, congratulations

A quick question, you did your upfront medicals after submitting your application? If yes, how did you submit the document to IRCC?

My brother applied for study permit 10th of May,2021.Biometrics on the 20th but no update yet.

DameofSJ

Aug 14, 2021
Nigeria
Category........
STUDY
Med's Done....
15;-07-2021
Pls who knows why the Nigerian student Express is taking longer than usual it's about 40 days no official visa decision. It is very frustrating, and my resumption is September 22nd. Is it still possible to get my passport stamped before 22nd September, after approval.
I don't believe we have NSE. Nothing is expedited when MBS and IELTS are submitted.

Reactions: Omofar

Ant-oni

Sep 7, 2021
Hello, congratulations

A quick question, you did your upfront medicals after submitting your application? If yes, how did you submit the document to IRCC?

My brother applied for study permit 10th of May,2021.Biometrics on the 20th but no update yet.
I raised a webform, and attached my e-medical sheet to it.

Holarjoseph

Sep 3, 2021
Hello sir,
I did my IELTS exam and I got 6.5 overall (LRWS)7,6,5.5,6.5 . Although I got my admission without IELTS but is it a good score to pursue undergraduate degree?

Also hope this gap after high school won't affect my Visa:
I'm 18years old and I completed my high school in 2017 after that enroll for computer training with 2years duration(2018-2019), during this time I also tried entering University but due to jamb stuff I was unable. Fortunately, I entered in 2020 but I haven't resume yet .
Hello Mr omofar and others ... please respond to my post it's very urgent

Page12111

Sep 9, 2021
Hi
Hi @Holarjoseph plz I want to know did IRCC ask you to write ielts exam after you successfully secure admission? Or the school ask you to write ielts exam????????????? Or you applied through NSE....
Your respond is highly appreciated.
Thanks

Page12111

Sep 9, 2021
Hello @Oladimeji2208,

Firstly I must congratulate you for passing your medicals, your passport request is on it's way.

Honestly you don't have any problem.

1. Once you get your visa, you can resume in January for your studies.

2. You can easily extend your visa while in canada, done it for many clients recently and in the past.

3. If you get to the border, and a CBSA agent asks why you are just coming tell them what happened with September intake. Shimples.

Congratulations again.

All the best in Canada.

Omofar
Hello @Omofar please I need your help on this matter, I was previously refused for study permit and I filed for JR, luckily I won the case in the month of March 2021, IRCC open my portal to submit updated documents like new LOA, update account statement, police report and some other documents submitted in the month of May 10th 2021...

Today I got email from IRCC asking me to send
Proof of Financial Support: A MyBank certificate for each bank statement provided alongside your application i.e. Union Bank, Access Bank and Fidelity Bank, showing sufficient funds for your studies and 12 months of banking history: https://www.visa-mybankstatement.com
This must be received at this office by: 2021/09/24..

I was kindly of wondering if this is normal and after submitting the requested documents what will be next to ask?????? Has anyone gotten this kind of letter from IRCC after submission..

Thanks.

Reactions: Omofar