+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Study permit cancellation. Postponing studies

Adapan

Jan 7, 2019
Hello,

Got visa approved late. University denied me deferral for sept intake.
Applying for another university .

Will my study permit be cancelled if I postpone my studies to next term .
Saw some where that I should be enrolled in university continuously. 90 days is the maximum extent that's permitted.

Should I apply for permit and visa again?

Jashan_1990

Star Member
Dec 26, 2018
Hello,

Got visa approved late. University denied me deferral for sept intake.
Applying for another university .

Will my study permit be cancelled if I postpone my studies to next term .
Saw some where that I should be enrolled in university continuously. 90 days is the maximum extent that's permitted.

Should I apply for permit and visa again?
congratulation on getting the visa:)
i have many friends who got their visa approved after their classes started so they asked for defferment from their university for the next intake and they got it and when they were asked some questions from the embassy at the canada airport they gave clear and good answers and were allowed to enter into canada.BUT I DONT KNOW IF THEY WILL ALLOW YOU TO ENTER IF YOU HAVE THE OFFER LETTER FROM THE OTHER UNIVERSITY.
best of luck for your future.and it will be really good if you get the offer letter from the same university from the next intake

Adapan

Jan 7, 2019
congratulation on getting the visa:)
i have many friends who got their visa approved after their classes started so they asked for defferment from their university for the next intake and they got it and when they were asked some questions from the embassy at the canada airport they gave clear and good answers and were allowed to enter into canada.BUT I DONT KNOW IF THEY WILL ALLOW YOU TO ENTER IF YOU HAVE THE OFFER LETTER FROM THE OTHER UNIVERSITY.
best of luck for your future.and it will be really good if you get the offer letter from the same university from the next intake
Should the offer say that it's a deferral?

I will reapply for same program from same university. But will getting a new offer letter from same univ also hinder my chances?

Do you know about that

Jashan_1990

Star Member
Dec 26, 2018
Should the offer say that it's a deferral?

I will reapply for same program from same university. But will getting a new offer letter from same univ also hinder my chances?

Do you know about that
getting offer letter for the same program from the same university is the best thing that you can do now:) and you won't be facing anykingd of problem in that case.
i had one friend of mine he got visa for the SEP intake bit late so he applied for the deffer from the same university for JAN intake and he got the offer letter on dec17 and then on the very next day he brought the ticket and went to canada :).

Adapan

Jan 7, 2019
getting offer letter for the same program from the same university is the best thing that you can do now:) and you won't be facing anykingd of problem in that case.
i had one friend of mine he got visa for the SEP intake bit late so he applied for the deffer from the same university for JAN intake and he got the offer letter on dec17 and then on the very next day he brought the ticket and went to canada :).
Okay .I will try to get admitted again in same univ by reapplying again but... My doubt is whether a clause should be written or not on the offer letter ,saying it's a deferred admit. Does officer at the border check whether it's a deferred one or new one.

Will I be in trouble if it's not a deferred admit

Jashan_1990

Star Member
Dec 26, 2018
Okay .I will try to get admitted again in same univ by reapplying again but... My doubt is whether a clause should be written or not on the offer letter ,saying it's a deferred admit. Does officer at the border check whether it's a deferred one or new one.

Will I be in trouble if it's not a deferred admit
Sorry for the late response i was really bussy for somedays
But talking about your question i have no idea that it should be written that the offer letter is deferred.
My good suggestion to you is consult and good consultant (good consultant )
Best of luck for your future.