+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Study Permit (canadian spouse concerns with proof of ties)

djein

Star Member
Jul 24, 2015
My wife is applying for a Study Permit to Canada from the Philippines. I am a Canadian citizen living in the town she will be coming to study. She will be staying with me for the duration of her studies in Univercity transfer Social work. Our concern is they will reject her based upon her marriage to me. She also has no land holding or children in the Philippines as she has just graduated with a bachelors in secondary education. She has a mother/brother/sister who do not own land. Her aunts rent large amounts of land but have no real titles to show proof of ties. She wants to come to Canada to improve upon her Philippines bachelors in secondary eduction with social working so she can return to the Philippines to be a student counselor. Her aunt has been sponsoring her education since she was in elementary and is doing an affidavit that she will sponsor her tuition, living costs, and travel expenses while in Canada. He aunt is then submitting bank account statements showing 6+ month maturity as well as more than enough funds to take care of her nieces expenses. Should we include in her aunts affidavit that this is with the understanding she will return to the Philippines after the duration of her studies? We also have a written letter from a teacher that leads the university employment stating she will have a better opportunity to receive a school related counseling job if she completes her degree overseas in social working. How else can we prove ties more significant than being married to a Canadian citizen? She has been accepted into the college and tuition for 1 year has been paid in full. In conjunction with the affidavit of sponsorship from her aunt there is no concerns with financial backing only with ties to the Philippines and that she will return after her studies. Thank you for any assistance in this matter we are having problems answering these last few questions.