+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Study permit approved But

m a chy

Aug 10, 2013
Hi

my study permit was approved and I was married when I got my visa. Me my husband has been away from each other over a year now and no contact at all since 3 months. I am filing for divorce and according to the law in my country the divorce will take place after 90 days if the opposite party do not rvoke to the divorce. I know nothing like that going to happen. So here are my concern: my passport will still have me as married when I will be traveling to Canada since its before the 90 day time frame. But i the POE do i have to mention anything by myself about my matital status unless the officer ask me anything about my spouse?
Please kindly advice,

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hi

my study permit was approved and I was married when I got my visa. Me my husband has been away from each other over a year now and no contact at all since 3 months. I am filing for divorce and according to the law in my country the divorce will take place after 90 days if the opposite party do not rvoke to the divorce. I know nothing like that going to happen. So here are my concern: my passport will still have me as married when I will be traveling to Canada since its before the 90 day time frame. But i the POE do i have to mention anything by myself about my matital status unless the officer ask me anything about my spouse?
Please kindly advice,
You don't need to mention anything about your marital status at the POE.