+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Study Permit Approvals

kunaln53

Star Member
Apr 8, 2020
I have applied from India. I really don't know how they're evaluating the files.
Indian Applications got locked in a cupboard and they dont remember , where is the key

I Applied 26 Th Feb
Bio - 29 Feb
Medical passed - 9 Mar
Eligiblity Started Somwhere in Apr

Its 5 months now for SDS :) No decision

shanky1202

Star Member
Jan 16, 2017
File submitted :- 13th June 2020
Medical passed :- 24th July 2020
Review eligibility started :- 24th July 2020
File type :- SDS online
Biometric pending

computerscience23

Jul 4, 2020
Indian Applications got locked in a cupboard and they dont remember , where is the key

I Applied 26 Th Feb
Bio - 29 Feb
Medical passed - 9 Mar

lol yeah! i don't get why it is taking so long. They have been saying that they will prioritize study permit applications. But I don't really see anyone (especially Indian applicants) getting approvals.

shanky1202

Star Member
Jan 16, 2017

I Applied 26 Th Feb
Bio - 29 Feb
Medical passed - 9 Mar

Raise web form for status if possible. Someone did that other forum and got processing started

computerscience23

Jul 4, 2020
Raise web form for status if possible. Someone did that other forum and got processing started
I raised the web-form and they asked me to contact the local VO which is handling my file (New Delhi, India). And when I contacted New Delhi, India VO, that's what they told me:

"
Thank you for your recent email enquiry to the Migration Section of the High Commission of Canada in New Delhi.

Thank you for your e-mail but unfortunately due to the coronavirus (COVID-19) Immigration, Refugees, and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) is functioning with reduced staff. We will not be able to action your request at this time. While we continue to serve our clients, service disruptions and restrictions due to COVID-19 may have an impact on processing times, and the current posted processing times may not be accurate
"

shanky1202

Star Member
Jan 16, 2017
I raised the web-form and they asked me to contact the local VO which is handling my file (New Delhi, India). And when I contacted New Delhi, India VO, that's what they told me:

"
Thank you for your recent email enquiry to the Migration Section of the High Commission of Canada in New Delhi.

Thank you for your e-mail but unfortunately due to the coronavirus (COVID-19) Immigration, Refugees, and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) is functioning with reduced staff. We will not be able to action your request at this time. While we continue to serve our clients, service disruptions and restrictions due to COVID-19 may have an impact on processing times, and the current posted processing times may not be accurate
"
You need to wait then. Everyone file is going in eligibility review but did not find approved for pending application.they started full processing in June only. You should get first level approval soon before September session starts..

sangar_si

Star Member
Mar 17, 2020

"

"
I think this is an automated response.

Devika12

Star Member
Mar 20, 2020
Jalandhar
Category........
STUDY
Visa Office......
New Delhi
App. Filed.......
August 6, 2020
Med's Done....
Aug 2, 2020
Hello everyone,
I have a query. I applied for Fall 2020 in Humber. I have paid the fee for first semester in May. However after the payment, everything got shut down. Now my course isn’t available for january but next September. Now i am going to take GIC tomorrow and submit my file as per new guidelines issued by IRCC on two step - eligibility and admissibility. Please guide.

jigzyy

VIP Member
Jul 1, 2010
Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
04-05-2013
AOR Received.
09-07-2013
File Transfer...
22-07-2013
Med's Request
02-04-2014
Med's Done....
15-04-2014
Interview........
21-01-2014
Passport Req..
01-07-2014
VISA ISSUED...
14-07-2014
LANDED..........
22-09-2014
Hello everyone,
I have a query. I applied for Fall 2020 in Humber. I have paid the fee for first semester in May. However after the payment, everything got shut down. Now my course isn’t available for january but next September. Now i am going to take GIC tomorrow and submit my file as per new guidelines issued by IRCC on two step - eligibility and admissibility. Please guide.
First semester or first year? If it's first semester, then you have to pay for the whole year to qualify for SDS stream. Taking GIC out with first semester will not make sense.

Devika12

Star Member
Mar 20, 2020
Jalandhar
Category........
STUDY
Visa Office......
New Delhi
App. Filed.......
August 6, 2020
Med's Done....
Aug 2, 2020
First semester or first year? If it's first semester, then you have to pay for the whole year to qualify for SDS stream. Taking GIC out with first semester will not make sense.
First semester. My course is of 1 year. College specified payment of first semester fee.

Devika12

Star Member
Mar 20, 2020
Jalandhar
Category........
STUDY
Visa Office......
New Delhi
App. Filed.......
August 6, 2020
Med's Done....
Aug 2, 2020
What proof of funds you're going to show that you can pay 2nd semester fees without working, because VO wants to know this.
Wouldn’t GIC will be good? Or Do i need to show additional funds in my account? I have FDs in my name. Also statement of Savings account.