+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Study Permit Applied in April 2019

carlson0901

May 25, 2019
Hi guys,
- 26/04: I applied for SDS at VFS office in Vietnam and took Biometrics there on the same date. I also submitted to VFS the letter from the clinic where I took medical tests.
- 29/04: is under process at the IRCC Office (email notification from VFS).
- 21/05: I linked paper application to online application and here are the status showed till now:
- Eligibility: "Your application is in progress...we will send you message when we start reviewing your eligibility."
- Medical: "We are reviewing..."
- Biometrics: "We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes."
- Background: "We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information."

Please someone helps to tell me if they started reviewing my application as it's one month till now. I saw you guys mentioned about student acknowledgement letter and correspondent letter, what are they actually? I haven't had any and now get more panic.
Btw I apply for MEd at University of Victoria, B.C.

Thanksss.

Lisma4884

Mar 8, 2019
India
Got Passport request today guys..
My timeline:
Online SDS file submission: 29 April
Biometrics: 1 May
Medical passed: 14 May
Biometrics correspondence letter and Passport request: 24 May..

Please share your details with me

Online sds file submit 29april
Biometric 2 may
Medical pass 13 may

Yet to recieve correspondence letter aswell as passport request please give a miss call on 7228968013 Maninder my name avtar veere

Reactions: Avtar_15

Messedup

Apr 26, 2019
Send the screenshot again
Hi evankc
I applied on 5th April online sds fron india
8th april biometrics
15th April- additional medical tests.
I gave medical before applying (18th march) and asked to appear for more tests before filing application (29th March but received letter on 15th April)
Medical passed -6th may
After that no updates. Not even eligibility review started.
Any idea if this is normal and how long can they take?

Miranda98

May 29, 2019
Hi! Is there anyone applying from London VO?

I am an international student from China and now studying in UK. I submitted my online application for study permit on 06 April 2019, and still no updates for original passport request. I tried to contact high commission via email and web-form, however, no useful information replied. My postgraduate study program will begin on 17 June 2019, and I am very worried about not being able to go for my postgraduate study . The following are my application status. Any suggestion or sharing is welcome! Thanks a lot!

Review of eligibility We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.
Review of medical results You do not need a medical exam. We will send you a message if this changes.
Review of additional documents We do not need additional documents. Help
Interview You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.
Biometrics We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes.
Background check We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information. Help
Final decision Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

The followings are my timeline:
Application Received: April 6, 2019
Biometrics recieved: April 8, 2019
No update for original passport request up to now...

SamC10

Star Member
Apr 28, 2019
Hi! Is there anyone applying from London VO?

I am an international student from China and now studying in UK. I submitted my online application for study permit on 06 April 2019, and still no updates for original passport request. I tried to contact high commission via email and web-form, however, no useful information replied. My postgraduate study program will begin on 17 June 2019, and I am very worried about not being able to go for my postgraduate study . The following are my application status. Any suggestion or sharing is welcome! Thanks a lot!

Review of eligibility We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.
Review of medical results You do not need a medical exam. We will send you a message if this changes.
Review of additional documents We do not need additional documents. Help
Interview You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.
Biometrics We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes.
Background check We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information. Help
Final decision Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

The followings are my timeline:
Application Received: April 6, 2019
Biometrics recieved: April 8, 2019
No update for original passport request up to now...
Hello,

I applied for a study permit and work permit for my husband Feb 1st and I haven't had anything as of yet. My statuses read the same as yours. I hope you have more luck than me but I have found the London Office to be very frustrating. Considering the processing times have shown 1 week for a long time now I am really unsure what is going o .

Miranda98

May 29, 2019
Hello,

I applied for a study permit and work permit for my husband Feb 1st and I haven't had anything as of yet. My statuses read the same as yours. I hope you have more luck than me but I have found the London Office to be very frustrating. Considering the processing times have shown 1 week for a long time now I am really unsure what is going o .
Thanks for you reply! The processing time is quiet confusing... I remember the processing time of London office was 23 weeks in March, so I originally submitted my application to HongKong office (5 weeks). However, HongKong office told me that my application was transferred to UK, and when I checked the processing time of London office, it changed to 1 week. I thought that maybe I could get my application quicker but now it disappoints me a lot. You applied much earlier than me, maybe your update is around the corner! Best luck for both of us!!

SamC10

Star Member
Apr 28, 2019
Thanks for you reply! The processing time is quiet confusing... I remember the processing time of London office was 23 weeks in March, so I originally submitted my application to HongKong office (5 weeks). However, HongKong office told me that my application was transferred to UK, and when I checked the processing time of London office, it changed to 1 week. I thought that maybe I could get my application quicker but now it disappoints me a lot. You applied much earlier than me, maybe your update is around the corner! Best luck for both of us!!
Thank you and yes best of luck too. Update us if you hear back and so will I.

Evankc

Dec 13, 2018
Hi evankc
8th april biometrics
I gave medical before applying (18th march) and asked to appear for more tests before filing application (29th March but received letter on 15th April)
Medical passed -6th may

You will get it soon but I don't know when exactly it will be but I believe it won't tak

Evankc

Dec 13, 2018
Hi evankc
8th april biometrics
Medical passed -6th may

You will get it soon but I don't know when exactly it will be but I believe it won't tak

Anu thakur

Star Member
May 22, 2019
Please share your details with me

Online sds file submit 29april
Biometric 2 may
Medical pass 13 may

Yet to recieve correspondence letter aswell as passport request please give a miss call on 7228968013 Maninder my name avtar veere
Any update?