+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Study Permit application

Sara Adli

Star Member
Nov 18, 2020
Hello,
I try to fill my study permit application, I know that I should mention my son 8 years in the application that because I want he travel with me, but the problem which type of VISA should I select for him??

any idea please

Reactions: bahariesmoon88

gg9

Star Member
Oct 13, 2020
Can a minor child go to school in Canada without a study permit?
Generally, minor children need to apply for a study permit from outside of Canada, if they want to go to study in Canada. However, a minor child can go to school without a study permit if:
  • one parent (biological or adoptive) is a Canadian citizen or permanent resident; or
  • one parent (biological or adoptive) is permitted to study or work in Canada; or
  • neither parent is physically in Canada.

Sara Adli

Star Member
Nov 18, 2020
Can a minor child go to school in Canada without a study permit?
Generally, minor children need to apply for a study permit from outside of Canada, if they want to go to study in Canada. However, a minor child can go to school without a study permit if:
  • one parent (biological or adoptive) is a Canadian citizen or permanent resident; or
  • one parent (biological or adoptive) is permitted to study or work in Canada; or
  • neither parent is physically in Canada.
thank you,
But which type of VISA I should select for him, Visitor visa or study permit?

bahariesmoon88

Star Member
May 23, 2018
Nassau, Bahamas
You and I are in the exact same position. I was confused on what I should do as well. However, I emailed the school board of the area in which I will be attending my university and they told me. I will need to apply for a study permit for him as well since he will be attending school. My son is 8 years old as well.

raja12345

Sep 22, 2018
Hi Guys .Need help ASAP.
What is the processing time for Study permit if we apply online. Since I am already living Canada, don't think i am eligible for SDS .I got offer for Jan 2021 .If I apply now.Will I be able to get the study permit in time. What does college normally do if i don't get study permit in time after accepting the offer.

Reactions: Onyee

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hi Guys .Need help ASAP.
What is the processing time for Study permit if we apply online. Since I am already living Canada, don't think i am eligible for SDS .I got offer for Jan 2021 .If I apply now.Will I be able to get the study permit in time. What does college normally do if i don't get study permit in time after accepting the offer.
Where are your from? You will not get study permit in time. Ask college for deferral.