+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Study Permit application transferred to other country and rejected

maryam017

Oct 6, 2020
I submitted my study permit application on July 16th and received the final decision on September 8th saying that my application was rejected. They rejected my visa on the following grounds:
• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as a temporary resident, as stipulated in paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR, based on the purpose of your visit.
• I am not satisfied that you met the prerequisites as stipulated on your conditional offer of admission.
My application was processed in Shanghai, China and I applied from Saudi Arabia. I wanted to know whether this happened with anyone else that they're application was processed in a different country to the country they were currently living in. I also wanted to know that when reapplying online, could I choose where I want my application to be processed or will my application be transferred again to some other country?

ayesha_llk2

Aug 11, 2020
in my gcms notes I saw my visa offices changed quite a few times.

Also it says "I am not satisfied that you met the prerequisites as stipulated on your conditional offer of admission." What were the conditional pre-requisites on your letter?

Tete

Jun 26, 2017
Egypt
Category........
STUDY
Visa Office......
Ankara
App. Filed.......
23-06-2020
Passport Req..
20-11-2020
VISA ISSUED...
19-11-2020
Are you an expat or a Saudi national? Have you written a LOE?

maryam017

Oct 6, 2020
The prerequisites mentioned on my offer letter were:
ENG4U, MHF4U, and one of MCV4U, ICS4U or SPH4U. In addition, a combined minimum 70 per cent average in prerequisite computer science, math and science courses is required.
I should specify here that I had a conditional offer of admission since I was taking A Levels and I had not received my AL result at the time. However, I do have a final offer of admission now.

Tete

Jun 26, 2017
Egypt
Category........
STUDY
Visa Office......
Ankara
App. Filed.......
23-06-2020
Passport Req..
20-11-2020
VISA ISSUED...
19-11-2020
I am an expat and I did not submit an LOE with my application
There you have it. Writing an LOE is strongly encouraged. You should take the effort of looking up what points need addressing and whatnot in that letter.

maryam017

Oct 6, 2020
There you have it. Writing an LOE is strongly encouraged. You should take the effort of looking up what points need addressing and whatnot in that letter.
Yes I am reapplying and I am including a letter of explanation

maryam017

Oct 6, 2020
My family has been living in Saudi Arabia for the past 25 years. Could I choose for my application to be processed in Saudi Arabia because an immigration officer elsewhere may not understand why we've been living here and not in our home country since such a long time.

Tete

Jun 26, 2017
Egypt
Category........
STUDY
Visa Office......
Ankara
App. Filed.......
23-06-2020
Passport Req..
20-11-2020
VISA ISSUED...
19-11-2020
My family has been living in Saudi Arabia for the past 25 years. Could I choose for my application to be processed in Saudi Arabia because an immigration officer elsewhere may not understand why we've been living here and not in our home country since such a long time.
You need to show strong ties to Saudi Arabia given you're an expat and you do not have permanent residency status. In short, you have to convince the VO that you will be returning once you finish your studies in Canada.

jigzyy

VIP Member
Jul 1, 2010
Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
04-05-2013
AOR Received.
09-07-2013
File Transfer...
22-07-2013
Med's Request
02-04-2014
Med's Done....
15-04-2014
Interview........
21-01-2014
Passport Req..
01-07-2014
VISA ISSUED...
14-07-2014
LANDED..........
22-09-2014
No. You don't have the option to pick and choose the embassy. Once the application is submitted online, it can be processed anywhere from Edmonton to Riyadh to Shanghai. Rules are same across Canadian embassies so if your application is good enough for Riyadh embassy, it should be good enough for someone looking at it in Shanghai or in Edmonton.

primaprime

VIP Member
Apr 6, 2019
The issue is they want to be satisfied you will leave Canada after studying, but your ties are to Saudi Arabia and not your country of citizenship, which is the only country you have a right to return to from Canada.