+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Study permit application delay

Dec 10, 2018
I am a Lebanese citizen who currently resides and works in the UAE, Abu Dhabi. I applied for a study permit to pursue a Masters of Engineering Canada. I applied via VFS Abu Dhabi on the 21st of October and haven't yet received any reply. Are there any peeps around with similar issues?

I don't have properties in my home country or country of residence, so dunno how can I show ties to my home country. Therefore i just mentioned that i am willing to return back in the SOP and study plan without supporting paperwork. The total amount of money provided in the bank statements is more than double the complete tuition fees + living expenses for the program

Documents Submitted:
Bachelor Degree
Transcripts
IELTS
IMM FORMS (all necessary ones)
Photo
Employment certificate
Father's employment certificate
Personal bank statement
Parent's bank statement
Unconditional Acceptance letter
Medical form proof of submission
SOP
Study Plan
Photocopy of passport (All pages)
Photocopy of parent's passports

I did a bachelor of engineering in mechanical engineering from the American University of Beirut and got accepted to do a masters of engineering in mechanical engineering

IELTS score: 8.0

AGoodSoul

Star Member
Jul 5, 2015
Don't worry be patient.
I was in the same boat. It took them 4 weeks to go thru.
Once u link ur offline paper profile to online (If it's not online) then u will see medical updated and then its hardly any wait . After medical update between 5-8 days u will get reply (usually positive)

If they had to deny .. they wud have done faster. I did not mention in my SOP nthat I will come back. But the application was detailed and all documents provided

Focus on what you want to see as outcome with unwavering faith in the universe. And allow it to come... A miracle needs ur permission and acceptance. Remember the law of Universe.

U will get it. @Obaidah_chouman

Reactions: rogelcorral