+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Study Permit Application (Cebu, Philippines)

DocRZ

Apr 5, 2013
Visa Office......
Manila (Online)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-04-2013
Med's Request
29-07-2013
Med's Done....
02-08-2013
Passport Req..
08-08-2013
VISA ISSUED...
12-08-2013
LANDED..........
22-08-2013
Can you let us know more about your profile? Which school are you going to? Educational background? Job experience? Because i don't think you were refused just because you failed to include NBI clearance. That's not even included in the list of documents to submit when applying online. I did not submit NBI clearance before and they did not ask to to provide one, but still I got the visa. Canada is cheaper although Australia has a more tolerable weather.

erwinjohn997

Nov 4, 2014
Visa Office......
Nova Scotia
App. Filed.......
11-07-2019
AOR Received.
waiting..
hello,
tanong ko lang po sa mga seniors, pwede po ba ako makigamit sa friend ko na nasa Canada ng credit card niya sa pag apply ng visa? I dont have credit card po kasi. and by the way yung friend ko din po ang mag sponsor sakn na tumira sa place niya :)

chngmnch

Nov 17, 2014
DocRZ said:
Can you let us know more about your profile? Which school are you going to? Educational background? Job experience? Because i don't think you were refused just because you failed to include NBI clearance. That's not even included in the list of documents to submit when applying online. I did not submit NBI clearance before and they did not ask to to provide one, but still I got the visa. Canada is cheaper although Australia has a more tolerable weather.
I have a Bachelor's Degree in Corporate Communication (Advertising, Marketing and Journalistic/Technical Writing were my primary coursework). I graduated in 2012. After graduating, I didn't know what specific job I wanted to do, thus I resorted to helping out with our family business for a year. I supervised the staff in our business. Then I worked in an SEO company as a content writer for another year before applying for a student visa in October.

I was accepted to Selkirk College (BC) and was planning to take the Associate of Arts in Creative Writing this January 2015. My first application was done online, and like you, I was not asked for an NBI clearance so I didn't submit one. I was surprised that a week later, they refused my application because I didn't submit my NBI. Then I reapplied, only to be refused again for different reasons this time (I stated those reasons in a previous post, same thread). :(

Now, many of you guys have advised me to make my SoP stronger and more convincing. I made a discovery last night when I went through the documents that the embassy returned to me. My SoP was nowhere to be found! Either the embassy has withheld it OR my IDP counselor (who was the one who gathered all my paper documents and then lodged it to VFS) FAILED TO INCLUDE MY SoP WITH MY DOCUMENTS. I was so enraged, but at the same time confused, because I'm unsure if the embassy keeps certain documents.

Can anybody clarify this to me? Does the embassy withhold certain documents of a refused applicant or do they return everything? Because if they return everything, then my SoP was not submitted at all, resulting to the refusal of my application. It would be an error on my counselor's part. :mad:

DocRZ

Apr 5, 2013
Visa Office......
Manila (Online)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-04-2013
Med's Request
29-07-2013
Med's Done....
02-08-2013
Passport Req..
08-08-2013
VISA ISSUED...
12-08-2013
LANDED..........
22-08-2013
No, the embassy does not withold any documents. Whether you are granted or refused of a visa, all documents are being returned. It's just unfortunate that these lapses happened. I think it's better this time for you to do it all by yourself. You'll be more than sure that all requirements are submitted. Good luck!

chngmnch

Nov 17, 2014
DocRZ: Yes, it's very unfortunate. I'm very disappointed with my counselor right now. But thank you for your words of encouragement.

Preciousizy7

Nov 20, 2014
hi everyone am from Nigeria and I just got admission into U of Winnipeg for jan 2015.....just started visa application....I want to know if Ill make it for jan 2015......? what are the other supporting documents required?.....graduated from high school 2009...was in the university but took a transcript to Winnipeg.....so what are the supporting documents for someone like me?.....then for the digital photo place do I scan a passport photograph and upload?

#Ric&tes

Feb 14, 2018
Hi, are you done with your medical exams?
Just like you I applied twice and didnt lose hope. My first application was refused because I have failed to submit foreign police clearances but before I got my papers back, I was able to get my medical exams done. I collected those clearances and reapplied, after 6 days, I received an email confirmation from CIC that my application has been approved.
I hope its a good news for you too. God Bless!