+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Study permit and TR Visa extension

nia2015

Oct 28, 2015
Is it possible to extend your study permit and temporary resident visa in the same application? If so, what are the fees for this? Is it best to do it online?

I have done some research and it is not clear specially when it come to the fees.

mead

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-11-2012
Doc's Request.
28-11-2012
IELTS Request
n/a
Med's Request
n/a
Med's Done....
n/a
VISA ISSUED...
6-12-2012
Is it possible to extend your study permit and temporary resident visa in the same application?
no u have to extend ur study permit first then apply for new TRV(temporary resident visa) as TRV cannot be extended. Its fresh application every time and should not be a problem if study permit is approved.

If so, what are the fees for this? Is it best to do it online?
u will have to find that out on CIC website for current fees.

I have done some research and it is not clear specially when it come to the fees.
if u use the tool it should give u everything

nia2015

Oct 28, 2015
Hi there!

Thanks for your reply. Let me explain my situation so your knowledge in the matter can really help me. I have a valid study permit until July 2016 but my temporary resident visa is expiring next month so I have to re apply. I wonder if I can submit one application to extend both since I count with all documents including a letter for the university explaining the reasons why I want my study permit extended until September 2016.

Now about the fees. There is a page that details the fees (TRV for 100 and study permit extension for 150) then the list goes on like (TRV 25 if you already paid 75 before, which I did)

In any case, much appreciated if anyone can share an experience on this one.