+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Study permit and Post-graduation work permit

Wafaaly30

Jun 17, 2019
Hello everyone,
Right now I am considering applying for study permit and my husband and my daughters will accompany me to canada, what kind of visa do they need? I know that Visitor for my husband and open work permit, but what about my daughters, should it be study or visitor as I want them to be enrolled in the school.

Another question , regarding my husband’s and my two daughter’s Visa status while I apply for post work permit after I finish my MBA, what kind of visa do we apply for for them? Or do we extend their visas? And is there any documents we need to prepare other than the official university letter and transcripts?

Thank you in advance!

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hello everyone,
Right now I am considering applying for study permit and my husband and my daughters will accompany me to canada, what kind of visa do they need? I know that Visitor for my husband and open work permit, but what about my daughters, should it be study or visitor as I want them to be enrolled in the school.

Another question , regarding my husband’s and my two daughter’s Visa status while I apply for post work permit after I finish my MBA, what kind of visa do we apply for for them? Or do we extend their visas? And is there any documents we need to prepare other than the official university letter and transcripts?

Thank you in advance!
You daughters would come on a visitor visa. You must continue to extend the visitor visa to keep their status in Canada legal. Note that there is no guarantee your husband's OWP or their visitor visas will be approved. Only you may be approved to come to Canada.

Once you finish your MBA in Canada you will qualify for a PGWP (work permit). You must be working in a NOC A, B or 0 role in order for your husband to be able to extend his OWP. For your daughters, you will simply keep on applying for extensions to their visitor visas.

Wafaaly30

Jun 17, 2019
You daughters would come on a visitor visa. You must continue to extend the visitor visa to keep their status in Canada legal. Note that there is no guarantee your husband's OWP or their visitor visas will be approved. Only you may be approved to come to Canada.

Once you finish your MBA in Canada you will qualify for a PGWP (work permit). You must be working in a NOC A, B or 0 role in order for your husband to be able to extend his OWP. For your daughters, you will simply keep on applying for extensions to their visitor visas.
Thank you so much for your prompt reply!
- What happens if my husband and my daughters visa get rejected, can I reapply for them? If yes what are the supportive documents should I prepare for them in order to avoid such tragedy?
-Would you share with me the supportive documents I should prepare when the time comes for me to apply for PGWP? I keep reading I have to have three payment slips and my husband has to show them mine as well, is there any other documents we shall prepare?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Thank you so much for your prompt reply!
- What happens if my husband and my daughters visa get rejected, can I reapply for them? If yes what are the supportive documents should I prepare for them in order to avoid such tragedy?
-Would you share with me the supportive documents I should prepare when the time comes for me to apply for PGWP? I keep reading I have to have three payment slips and my husband has to show them mine as well, is there any other documents we shall prepare?
Yes - you can reapply if there are refused. However there's always a chance approval may not be possible and you may have to come to Canada alone.

To find out more about what documents to include, you will need to dedicate time to reading through the instructions on how to apply that are found on the IRCC website and also spend time reading through the discussions in the International Students section of the forum.

Wafaaly30

Jun 17, 2019
its ok, I already did my homework, I thought there are additional information.
Anyhow, appreciate your help so much.