+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Study permit amendment

TTG2

May 7, 2022
I sent a webform and they told me it was being processed. You could try calling them. They sent me an email when it was processed and 3 days after the mail with the new study permit.

Reactions: Lc4life

Umwana

Jun 5, 2023
My study permit had no condition because I was supposed to do ESL. However, I changed the DLI where I’m able to start my professional program. Now, I am in ambiguity if whether I should start my program at the new College as I wait my study permit conditions to be amended.

Kindly advise me what to do from your experience.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
My study permit had no condition because I was supposed to do ESL. However, I changed the DLI where I’m able to start my professional program. Now, I am in ambiguity if whether I should start my program at the new College as I wait my study permit conditions to be amended.

Kindly advise me what to do from your experience.
So did you study at the DLI on your permit?

Umwana

Jun 5, 2023
You need a new study permit before you can start studying.
When I advised the school immigration advisor, she told me I can keep studying, and that’s the same thing I was told by the IRCC agents. However, I’m planning to apply since I can see the study permit amendment will take longer!

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
When I advised the school immigration advisor, she told me I can keep studying, and that’s the same thing I was told by the IRCC agents. However, I’m planning to apply since I can see the study permit amendment will take longer!
If you changed program or schools especially going from ESL classes to a degree program then you need a new study permit. If you completed a full semester of one program before changing then you would not need a new study permit.

Umwana

Jun 5, 2023
If you changed program or schools especially going from ESL classes to a degree program then you need a new study permit. If you completed a full semester of one program before changing then you would not need a new study permit.
Can I apply for a new study permit even though they asked me to provide it to be amended?

"This refers to your application requesting a Request to Amend the Record of Landing, Confirmation of Permanent Residence or Valid Temporary Documents, which is being returned to you as it is incomplete. in order to commence processing of your application, you must submit all applicable documents listed in Appendix A (documents checklist) of the IMM 1436 application package.

Please submit your application, including the documents returned to you, and any missing documents and/or information listed below:

Please provide the original document to be amended"

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Can I apply for a new study permit even though they asked me to provide it to be amended?

"This refers to your application requesting a Request to Amend the Record of Landing, Confirmation of Permanent Residence or Valid Temporary Documents, which is being returned to you as it is incomplete. in order to commence processing of your application, you must submit all applicable documents listed in Appendix A (documents checklist) of the IMM 1436 application package.

Please submit your application, including the documents returned to you, and any missing documents and/or information listed below:

Please provide the original document to be amended"
Who decided that you should apply for this and not a new study permit?