+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Study permit amendment

Feb 24, 2022
I have also applied for amendment it's been around 1 month . How can I track my application status of study permit . Can I visit Ottawa IRCC office in person or do in need to wait for more days ?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I have also applied for amendment it's been around 1 month . How can I track my application status of study permit . Can I visit Ottawa IRCC office in person or do in need to wait for more days ?
Amendments can take months. No, you can’t visit in person. Call IRCC and see if there is movement on your file.

TTG2

May 7, 2022
Hi I applied for study permit amendment from December 2021 and I have not gotten any response as yet.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
It did not mention that I could work on or off campus.
I believe in the case where it is left blank or does not necessarily mention anything about being restricted from working, then you're fine. Did you apply for a SIN or were you turned away.

TTG2

May 7, 2022
I believe in the case where it is left blank or does not necessarily mention anything about being restricted from working, then you're fine. Did you apply for a SIN or were you turned away.
I did not apply for SIN. I got the amended study permit today in the mail. :D

Lc4life

Aug 9, 2021
Amendments can take months. No, you can’t visit in person. Call IRCC and see if there is movement on your file.
Hello I’m in a similar situation. Amendments do not have application ID, how to track this with IRCC agents? Thank you.

TTG2

May 7, 2022
Hello I’m in a similar situation. Amendments do not have application ID, how to track this with IRCC agents? Thank you.
You can not track it as you don’t have the application number so you just have to wait it out. i Hope you hear from them soon. Mine took 5 months to process.

Lc4life

Aug 9, 2021
You can not track it as you don’t have the application number so you just have to wait it out. i Hope you hear from them soon. Mine took 5 months to process.
Thanks!!! That’s terrible
Were you able to call IRCC and give your UCI so agents can tell you whether it has been processed or not? Thanks again.