+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Study permit amendment. Please help

A

abdisarockstar

Hey folks. Hope everybody is doing great and grabbing visas like bosses. I arrived in Winnipeg on the 22nd of August this year. I applied for part time jobs and even cracked one. However my study permit(work permit actually) has a condition highlighted:
UNLESS AUTHORIZED, PROHIBITED FROM ENGAGING IN EMPLOYMENT IN CANADA
due to this My employer doesn't want to continue to have me on board. So I sent my work permit to Ottawa for an amendment so that the 20 hours off or on campus work thing gets on my permit.

My question is when can I expect a response from them? Had mailed the parcel on 29th last month. Any expert advice would be appreciated

Thanks in advance

dental15

Oct 28, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Bascially, it will take 4 weeks to process ur study permit amendment and then waiting up to 10 weeks to get ur papers by mail(depends on your location and mail delivery service)

I did it like u(but I send it on July.03) and still waiting it. lol

Dont worry, u will get a response soon

A

abdisarockstar

dental15 said:
Bascially, it will take 4 weeks to process ur study permit amendment and then waiting up to 10 weeks to get ur papers by mail(depends on your location and mail delivery service)

Oh that's kinda scary bro I mean July and still no mail. Where do you stay?

chuckluck

Oct 8, 2015
dental15 said:

Did you try calling CIC and ask for updates? I am in similar situation where they say that it has been approved but I still havent' received it yet. Sent Aug 21st, CIC received Aug 24th, Approved and "sent" (they claim) Sept 22nd... still nothing!!

dental15

Oct 28, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
chuckluck said:
Did you try calling CIC and ask for updates? I am in similar situation where they say that it has been approved but I still havent' received it yet. Sent Aug 21st, CIC received Aug 24th, Approved and "sent" (they claim) Sept 22nd... still nothing!!
I already asked to CIC to resend the study permit amendment, because I didnt get any mail!!

Even now, there is no mail.. very slow....................

dental15

Oct 28, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
abdisarockstar said:
Oh that's kinda scary bro I mean July and still no mail. Where do you stay?
What do u mean?? I am studying without work! There is no work off campus condiiton from the study permit, that's why I sent the amendment!

A

abdisarockstar

dental15 said:
What do u mean?? I am studying without work! There is no work off campus condiiton from the study permit, that's why I sent the amendment!
Where do you stay in general? Toronto, Ottawa, Vancouver? -.-