+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Study Permit 2019, If you got BVL before medical let's gather here

Shah05

Nov 1, 2020
Dear concerns

I have applied for study visa in the month July through Non-SDS route, received AIP on 14 September, but afterwards I haven't received medical request, I uploaded upfront medical by yesterday but today I received BVL letter without medical uploaded on GC key account on 25th November, please apprised me is there's a negative sign or positive, I am very anxious since awaiting for long time. Your inputs will be highly appreciated

Awati

Mar 13, 2019
BVL before medical is sign of rejection. It seems that we failed in eligibility so at stage one file is rejected. So they don't even go to 2nd stage.

Omerbabiker6

Star Member
Apr 9, 2021
United Arab Emirates
Category........
STUDY
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
App. Filed.......
03-03-2021
Med's Request
03-05-2020
Med's Done....
03-05-2020
If you got BVL(Biometrics Validity Letter)before medicals passed or medical request, please share your experience and questions.
Hi, so i feel like everyone has their own case file and their own way of decision making. Anyway, you can see my signature about my detail. an hour ago i have received the medical request after receiving the BVL last Thursday.

lamnt0702

Star Member
Mar 26, 2021
Hi, so i feel like everyone has their own case file and their own way of decision making. Anyway, you can see my signature about my detail. an hour ago i have received the medical request after receiving the BVL last Thursday.
Yes, your timeline looks positive mate.
Anyway, the situation "BVL received before Medical status updated, is a bad sign" might be correct only in case you already took the medical exam and applied the eMedical information sheet to IRCC system before you receive BIL and give Biometrics.
In your particular case, you still get Medical request after BVL received instead of Refusal decision like the others, so I think its would be fine for you.
Good luck mate!

Last edited:
Reactions: Omerbabiker6

Rafaelhag43

May 6, 2021
what is difference of BVL from BIL?
BIL = biometrics instruction letter -- this is the letter that you should bring to VFS when giving your biometrics.
BVL = biometrics validity letter -- this is the letter that states your biometrics is valid for 10 years and can be used for future applications.

Reactions: sureshK001

Omerbabiker6

Star Member
Apr 9, 2021
United Arab Emirates
Category........
STUDY
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
App. Filed.......
03-03-2021
Med's Request
03-05-2020
Med's Done....
03-05-2020
BIL = biometrics instruction letter -- this is the letter that you should bring to VFS when giving your biometrics.
BVL = biometrics validity letter -- this is the letter that states your biometrics is valid for 10 years and can be used for future applications.
usually, when you receive the BVL you will get your decision in the next 2 weeks. also, your background check and eligibility review are done.

Hittu123

May 23, 2021
Hloo i m hitakshi..
My biometric updated on 24 june 2021 but still i haven't received bvl can anyone plss tell me how much time does it take???

Rah123

Star Member
Apr 20, 2021
Hloo i m hitakshi..
My biometric updated on 24 june 2021 but still i haven't received bvl can anyone plss tell me how much time does it take???
My friend enrolled his biometric appointment on 23 june and updated on same day at gc key but he also did not receive bvl yet.

Future_ hope

Jul 3, 2021
Hyd
Category........
STUDY
Visa Office......
New delhi
App. Filed.......
11-06-2021
Doc's Request.
1st September
Nomination.....
No
AOR Received.
No
IELTS Request
No
Med's Request
Upfront medical
Med's Done....
26-03-2021
Interview........
No
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
Hloo i m hitakshi..
Mine 28th june Updated on same day in gc key.
Haven’t received bvl and my medical also not updated yet.today I raised webform for the medical update ( Upfront medical)