Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-11-2015
Med's Done....
26-01-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-02-2016
I had applied for study permit on November 3. I intended to start in January,2016. Because of the delay, now my University has deferred my admission to May session. Amid this, I received an email for medical examination yesterday,but they didn't ask for deferral letter.
Now I am confused what if they issue visa within a few week without asking to submit new admission letter? I can't attend the university this session anyway. Can I go to the university in May with that visa?

vb38834

Jan 16, 2016
If you get Visa starting from now, once your Visa is about to get expired you can submit a letter from the college regarding deferral to the embassy and get the study Visa extended. Good thing is you can also start doing part time until your college starts.

If Visa guys want to give Visa from May, they will surely ask for the new/deferred letter.

I am happy that things have started moving forward for you, which gives a ray of hope for me as well. I am done with medicals and submitted passport and all other documents through VFS on Nov 20th, so just waiting for the outcome.

vb38834

Jan 16, 2016
I think its, you me & one more person who is waiting from October. Lets wait and see what is there in our fortune.

pzz

Star Member
Dec 27, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-11-2015
Med's Done....
26-01-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-02-2016
vb38834 said:
If you get Visa starting from now, once your Visa is about to get expired you can submit a letter from the college regarding deferral to the embassy and get the study Visa extended. Good thing is you can also start doing part time until your college starts.

If Visa guys want to give Visa from May, they will surely ask for the new/deferred letter.

I am happy that things have started moving forward for you, which gives a ray of hope for me as well. I am done with medicals and submitted passport and all other documents through VFS on Nov 20th, so just waiting for the outcome.
Thank you for the reply. When will your college starts? Did u do premedical or u submit medical test report after they said? I hope u will get visa soon.
About the things u said: well, I don't think we can enter canada in the middle of the semester (I fear they might deport us) and work part-time (wouldn't that be illegal?, what's more, it could affect for our stay in Canada, just my view)...This is what makes me worried about this.
BTW, I am from Nepal, may I know which country u r from?

J5M

Champion Member
May 15, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,

pzz said:
I had applied for study permit on November 3. I intended to start in January,2016. Because of the delay, now my University has deferred my admission to May session. Amid this, I received an email for medical examination yesterday,but they didn't ask for deferral letter.
Now I am confused what if they issue visa within a few week without asking to submit new admission letter? I can't attend the university this session anyway. Can I go to the university in May with that visa?

1. It make sense to submit a new LOA. IO at POE will ask you about new LOA. You can use this visa to start course in May.

pzz

Star Member
Dec 27, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-11-2015
Med's Done....
26-01-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-02-2016
Hi, J5M
Just so I got it right,I am eligible to enter into Canada somewhere around May to attend the university with showing the new letter of acceptance and this visa(issued on the basis of letter of acceptance for Jan session) to IO.
However, I can't go to Canada in the middle of semester given that my admission is already deferred to May session.right?

vb38834

Jan 16, 2016
Pzz - I am from India, applied in same Delhi embassy through document base (VFS). Like I have already mentioned, I have done medical in advance & submitted the medical document to embassy along with all other documents and passport.

My consultant spoke to me regarding similar situation. There is a student whose Visa got approved post the joining date of Sep 2016, so he waited till Nov & left in Dec for Jan 16 intake. Since he has missed Jan intake, he has deferred to next semester.

pzz

Star Member
Dec 27, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-11-2015
Med's Done....
26-01-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-02-2016
vb38834 said:
Pzz - I am from India, applied in same Delhi embassy through document base (VFS). Like I have already mentioned, I have done medical in advance & submitted the medical document to embassy along with all other documents and passport.

My consultant spoke to me regarding similar situation. There is a student whose Visa got approved post the joining date of Sep 2016, so he waited till Nov & left in Dec for Jan 16 intake. Since he has missed Jan intake, he has deferred to next semester.
Thanx for the reply. I hope they ask for our deferral letter soon. Do u know this guy u mentioned was asked to submit deferral letter to Jan?