+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Study Gap

abhi_now22

Mar 1, 2012
Guys, Could you please advise on what is the maximum age or study gap that hinders the Study Visa. I am 32 and my last study was in 2013 ( MBA) . Now are these going to be a sure criteria that would affect my VISA chances?

Another query is does any of you know any SDS colleges that would accept such study gap to give admissions?

Thank you in advance for helping out..

sqfit

Jan 16, 2020
Guys, Could you please advise on what is the maximum age or study gap that hinders the Study Visa. I am 32 and my last study was in 2013 ( MBA) . Now are these going to be a sure criteria that would affect my VISA chances?

Another query is does any of you know any SDS colleges that would accept such study gap to give admissions?

People have gotten a visa with 15 years study gap or even more. You don’t have to worry about that. Just need a program which is relevant to your past academics and your career. You need to explain in your SOP how studying would benefit your career or your future plans. Just an advice don’t go for 1 year PG courses because with the gap+experience+MBA that would make your chances less.
If you can explain and present your case correctly, your age gap is not that big of a deal. Also regarding colleges, colleges aren’t SDS, I guess you meant DLI? For cases like yours if you see Facebook groups or even on this thread, there are a lot of success stories.
All the best!

fritchou

Jan 21, 2019
Tunisia

you have already high credentials. so if you will take another master degree. then you need to explain properly and in depth your reasons. how that program will lead to a career progress when you are already established professional. taking a pg diploma is very risky and usaully lead to refusal for older applicants.

if you are going for PHD. then you are good to go.

Catmom

May 28, 2020
Hey,

Study gap should not be a problem. I have over 15 years of study gap and currently enrolled for PG Diploma.

Like the other members rightly said - go for PHD since you have already done your MBA. In case, if you are going for Masters, write a STRONG SOP.

All the best

fritchou

Jan 21, 2019
Tunisia
Hey,

Study gap should not be a problem. I have over 15 years of study gap and currently enrolled for PG Diploma.

Like the other members rightly said - go for PHD since you have already done your MBA. In case, if you are going for Masters, write a STRONG SOP.

All the best
some programs or fields are usually not offered in master level. so taking PG diploma will make sense. for example piloting/ filmmaking / journalism / smithing / etc

wonderbly

VIP Member
Aug 26, 2020

Your age shouldn't be a problem. I'm 44, MBA in 2013. Applied for a Masters in Computer Science (BSc Computer Science 17 years ago) and got approval on my first application.

It's all about properly justifying your intentions.

Reactions: Amy Paul

shopnodana91

Dec 20, 2016
Bangladesh
Category........
STUDY
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
13-01-2021
Med's Request
02-03-2021
Med's Done....
08-03-2021
Passport Req..
01-04-2021

I got study permit having 12 years of study gap. So you are fine.

Write the precise reason and meaningful activities in your job within this gap period.

Choose a program which matched with your previous study/career. Write intelligently how prospective study would help you in your career.
Better go for Masters in place of PGD course for better chance.

Good luck

Amy Paul

Star Member
May 29, 2021
Your age shouldn't be a problem. I'm 44, MBA in 2013. Applied for a Masters in Computer Science (BSc Computer Science 17 years ago) and got approval on my first application.

It's all about properly justifying your intentions.
Congratulations!

I will be applying after a gap of 16 years and I am 46. Can you give me some tips or maybe help me out with my SOP?

Aesopzai

Nov 22, 2014
S
Congratulations!

I will be applying after a gap of 16 years and I am 46. Can you give me some tips or maybe help me out with my SOP?
Same scenario with me.. age 38..gap(experience) 14 years..did BBA in 2007..now applied for MBA. SDS

dakugandhi

Star Member
Dec 11, 2019
Hey,

All the best
Hi, that's amazingwould you mind sharing your SOP? thanks

Catmom

May 28, 2020
Hi
Is it necessary to upload all educational documents?
Or just relevant documents is enough to upload in client information ???
Thanks
I did. Each and every document. Except for bank statement and property details

Hi, that's amazingwould you mind sharing your SOP? thanks
To be honest, my agent gave me a set template which is commonly available on the net, and I completely personalized it. Mine is 6 pages long SOP and every bit in personalized where I mentioned following points -
my educational history, work history, why I chose my profession which is related to what I studied, what motivated me to study further, why I chose my educational institution in Canada, my family tied in India, motivation to come back and work either in India or UAE, my extensive travel history and never overstaying in any of the countries I visited or worked it.

I provided annexure of everything that I mentioned. I was honest to my core in everything I said and I think that appealed to VO.

Wish you best.

MTB101

Star Member
Jun 22, 2021

What is your total education duration? 16 years or 18 years? Do you have WES equivalency? If your current education is equivalent to CA masters thn chances will be on lower side but if your education equivalency is Canada bachelors thn you may go for masters program chances are bright