+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Study gap

VRock

Star Member
Jun 23, 2019
Hello everyone

I completed my 12th in 2018 with 73% but and joined du sol for my bcom degree but after 1 year I realized its of no worth doing and thought of going to canada for diploma jan 2020 intake so is it possible with gap of 1 year or 1.5 year

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Gap years in years don’t really matter as long as your choice of program makes sense based on previous education and work history and you don’t lie.

VRock

Star Member
Jun 23, 2019
I am from commerce background and will choose something related to it onlt so are my chances of getting visa still there?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I am from commerce background and will choose something related to it onlt so are my chances of getting visa still there?
Your don’t really have a background in commerce with 1 year of a bachelor program. You’d have to explain why you couldn’t continue in that program and why you didn’t continue at another school and need/want to study in Canada instead.

Vicky4144

Star Member
Dec 31, 2020
Gap years in years don’t really matter as long as your choice of program makes sense based on previous education and work history and you don’t lie.
Hi I have a similar situation
10th - 93%
12th - 71% in 2015
After that took care of family business and in 2019 applied for Professional Flight center and got addmission for April 15th 2020 due to lockdown deferred it to April 15th 2021 recently (Feb 26th 2021) my visa got reject on the basis of purpose of visit.
For pilot training the basic requirement is 10+12th with 60%.
Can anyone help me with my application.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi I have a similar situation
10th - 93%
12th - 71% in 2015
After that took care of family business and in 2019 applied for Professional Flight center and got addmission for April 15th 2020 due to lockdown deferred it to April 15th 2021 recently (Feb 26th 2021) my visa got reject on the basis of purpose of visit.
For pilot training the basic requirement is 10+12th with 60%.
Can anyone help me with my application.
Order GCMS notes. If your family has a business and you've already working in the business it would seen uneccesary to do an expensive course in Canada if you will return home and could rejoin the family business.

Vicky4144

Star Member
Dec 31, 2020
Order GCMS notes. If your family has a business and you've already working in the business it would seen uneccesary to do an expensive course in Canada if you will return home and could rejoin the family business.
I had no interest in doing my family business. it's my dream to become a pilot but Due to some issues I had to take care of family business. But now everything is good and I am planning to achieve it. And today I ordered my GCMS notes.

altctrdelighted

Star Member
Dec 17, 2020
I had no interest in doing my family business. it's my dream to become a pilot but Due to some issues I had to take care of family business. But now everything is good and I am planning to achieve it. And today I ordered my GCMS notes.
We are kind of on the same ship. I can give you a few pointers but keep in mind that I have recently submitted my application so take it for whatever it's worth.
Address the deficiencies from your GCMS notes. Show decent amount of funds and write an elaborate SOP. It should be clear to the VO that there are a lot of opportunities as a pilot back home and how flight training in Canada will help you achieve your dreams IN INDIA.
I wrote my SOP under the following sections :
1. Self introduction
2. Why pursue aviation now ?
3. Link between Marine and Aviation industries and transferable skills : I am not sure what you did before but if you dealt with customers then you can write how you have learned about guest satisfaction because as a pilot you are the face of your airline and responsible for everything that goes on in the plane.
4. Future prospects in India.
5. Why choose Canada as a flight training destination ?
6. Why PFC ?
7. Language ability
8. Financial ability : I wrote a separate LoE for it and uploaded under "Proof of Funds" section.
9. Conclusion.

Vicky4144

Star Member
Dec 31, 2020
We are kind of on the same ship. I can give you a few pointers but keep in mind that I have recently submitted my application so take it for whatever it's worth.
Address the deficiencies from your GCMS notes. Show decent amount of funds and write an elaborate SOP. It should be clear to the VO that there are a lot of opportunities as a pilot back home and how flight training in Canada will help you achieve your dreams IN INDIA.
I wrote my SOP under the following sections :
1. Self introduction
2. Why pursue aviation now ?
3. Link between Marine and Aviation industries and transferable skills : I am not sure what you did before but if you dealt with customers then you can write how you have learned about guest satisfaction because as a pilot you are the face of your airline and responsible for everything that goes on in the plane.
4. Future prospects in India.
5. Why choose Canada as a flight training destination ?
6. Why PFC ?
7. Language ability
8. Financial ability : I wrote a separate LoE for it and uploaded under "Proof of Funds" section.
9. Conclusion.
Thank you for sharing the details. Will sure follow all the steps. Can you share the LOE for proof of funds. I already paid my first year fee 16000 CAD. And I have education loan approved for 41000 CAD. And I have 17000 CAD in my bank account from past 6 months.
And one more question is it mandatory to get a GIC for a NON - SDS application. And should we show the funds for entire 2 years course and accommodation?

altctrdelighted

Star Member
Dec 17, 2020
I just wrote a simple LOE explaining the flow of funds. I mentioned where I work and as what. How much I am paid and where I am paid (salary account). Then I explained how i do wire transfers from my salary account to my bank accounts in India. I wrote a couple of lines for the FD and mutual fund investments that I have. All in all a single page LoE with just facts and numbers to illustrate the flow of funds from source to how i park my funds. Then I attached all the supporting documents in this order :
1. Expense statement : Just a table showing:
A: Credit (pre paid tuition fees, education loan, bank balance in your case)
B: Expenses (Tuition fees, living expense for the entire duration of the course, 1 year in my case : 833 X 12 = 10k CAD, other expenses : say 5k for flight tickets and other misc expenses)
C: Surplus (A-B)
2. Payslips,
3. Bank statement and balance certificate for my salary account and Indian banks
4. Summary of FD and mutual fund investments,
5. GIC
6. Letter from flight school that I have paid the first installment of 10k CAD.
That's it.

Did you pay the 16k from education loan ?
No, GIC isn't mandatory for non-SDS as far as I know. However, from what I have read on this forum, it does strengthen your application.
Does your LOA show your course duration to be 2 years ? Mine shows only 1 year so I showed 833X12 CAD = 10k CAD only as lodging expenses.

Vicky4144

Star Member
Dec 31, 2020
No I did not pay the 16k CAD from My loan. I transferred the amount from my account and after paying the fee I still have 17000 CAD in my account. Yes my LOA says it's 24months. So does getting a GIC increase my chances for approval?

altctrdelighted

Star Member
Dec 17, 2020
No I did not pay the 16k CAD from My loan. I transferred the amount from my account and after paying the fee I still have 17000 CAD in my account.
Then your Credit is (16+17+41)k = 74k
Since you have a 2 year LOA your lodging expenses should be (833 X 24)= 20k. Let's say Tuition fees is 55k and other expense is 5k then your total expense is 80k. Looks tight to me.

So does getting a GIC increase my chances for approval?
Yes, according to what I have read on this forum.

Yes my LOA says it's 24months.
I just got a 1 year LOA. Need to talk to my flight school.

Vicky4144

Star Member
Dec 31, 2020
Then your Credit is (16+17+41)k = 74k
Since you have a 2 year LOA your lodging expenses should be (833 X 24)= 20k. Let's say Tuition fees is 55k and other expense is 5k then your total expense is 80k. Looks tight to me.
Actually I my tuition fee is 52k as per LOA and in that I already paid 16k. And I attached my father's ITRs and attached a document stating that he will support me financially if needed in the future. Should I show more funds ?

Yes, according to what I have read on this forum.

I just got a 1 year LOA. Need to talk to my flight school.