+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Study Gap???Would it create a problem

patelthakrar

Star Member
Feb 1, 2012
Does study gap affect visa chances???

I graduated in 2006 and have been working since then...

Let me know if you guys have heard of such cases and has been granted a visa...

Abu Bakr

Dec 9, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CHC ISLAMABAD
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
you can fill up the gap through job experience nd visa chances depend upon your overall profile not only study gap its other factors are good then study gap its not big issu.

justinlewis

Mar 21, 2012
jalandhar
Category........
Visa Office......
Jallandhar
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18/03/2012
Med's Done....
09-02-2012
u need to show ur work experience certificate....i had 2 years gap in between my studies....but i was working in software company.....i got 1 and half year work experience certificate and submitted it along with my visa file and i got my visa today.....so no need to take tension...best of luck

H

HBK

patelthakrar said:

hello,
if you had work experience after your graduation then its not a study gap.

acca247

Mar 28, 2011
Visa Office......
CDHC,LAGOS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
RECEIVED ON 4TH APRIL,2011
IELTS Request
NOT REQUIRED
Med's Request
13TH JULY,2011
Med's Done....
26TH JULY,2011
Interview........
4TH JULY,2011
Passport Req..
SUBMITTED TO CDHC ON 27TH JULY,2011
patelthakrar said:

If you have documentary evidence of work experience,then you are good to go. But in this case,you may be called for interview. It happened to me. They want to be sure I intend going to Canada to study truly after my study gap years. I graduated with Diploma in 2004 applied for Canada study visa in 2007,got refused in 2007 and re-applied again in 2011. I was called for interview. They interview went well for me and I got medical.

acca247

Mar 28, 2011
Visa Office......
CDHC,LAGOS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
RECEIVED ON 4TH APRIL,2011
IELTS Request
NOT REQUIRED
Med's Request
13TH JULY,2011
Med's Done....
26TH JULY,2011
Interview........
4TH JULY,2011
Passport Req..
SUBMITTED TO CDHC ON 27TH JULY,2011
Hello Brother,
I hope you will be able to get the least idea of how the interview will go,from my experience below. If eventually u are called for interview. On a rare occasion though.

I got into the room and this is my experience with VO:

Me: Good morning Ma'am

VO: No response( probably see did not hear me greet)

VO: I am , (she mentioned her name),I am the Visa officer.

Me: Ok Ma'am

VO: why do you want to study ACCA?

Me: There is necessity for me to expand my business,and to contribute more to the development of

my family business,and ACCA will give me prvilege to acquire the skills needed.

VO: I could see you have Cs in Financial Accounting and Mathematics on your O/Levels which

means you are just a bit above average in the subjects,how will be able to pursue the prog?

(Meanwhile,I actually have E8 in Accounting)

Me: ACCA is not limited to Accounting alone. It extends is scope to the whole financial

education,which includes decision making,managerial operation,financial management etc.

Furthermore,I have better and improved grades in Accounting at my higher education level. You

can check my ND results.

VO: I can't see any transcript here, (glancing through my documents)

Me: it's there

VO : Oh. I can see it(glancing through the results) Though I am not really sure if she see the course

(Principle of Accounting1&2 and cost accounting 1&2 but it is there and I think she was satisfied.

VO: how come you have mostly Cs on your O/level(she was focusing on the accounting as subject)

and As on your higher education results?

Me: It shows my determination. I was determined to improve on my studies when I get to higher

institution,and improvement reflects on my result at higher level.

VO: when did you complete your higher education? (still glancing through results)

Me: March,2004

VO: I could not see any document indicating this on your result. (she checked careful and I also told

her it's there). Oh. I can see. She saw it on my certificate. While,checking my results,she went to the

last page and saw that the last was project.

VO: what was your project at the Polytechnic about?

Me: research

VO: research about what?

Me: Marketing

VO: how did you do the research?

Me: The project was mainly based on paperwork. Teachings are mainly based on theory(she cuts

in)
, VO: I know that.(she was telling she already knew that teachings are based on theory in 9ja)
What was the project about?

VO: what is Marketing?

Me: (framed a definition,from the experience in management) Marketing is the introduction and

distribution of products to (acquire) customers. (All management students/professionals in the

house,I am sorry to use "to ACQUIRE customers",that was what came to my mouth) Yet,I think I

made my point to her.

VO: Marketing what?

Me: finished product

VO: what kind of product?

Me: ( I initially wanted to fumble,but God sent Angel Jubril{Gabriel} to me) I didnt want to mention

product I cant defend. Within a snap,I gained ground again and replied: local soap

VO: so,how did you market your product?

Me: I went into the local market,introduced the soap to the local market women,and told them to

come out with their dirty clothes and dresses,washed the dirty clothes with the sample product and

compared it with the ones they have,then I gained their approval.

VO: what is the name of the company?

Me: Fanol(just mentioned the name) though the company exist but, hmmmn

VO: how about the company now?(trying to ask the well being of the company)

Me: I dont knw the progress and present stand of the company as I only went their for the project.

VO: Did the Polytechnic instructed you to work on the Company?

Me: No. The Polytechnic only gave me topic(Marketing) to work on,and I submitted my research

report after conclusion.

VO: what are the (documents) you will request to know the financial health of a company?

Me: Balance sheet,Profit&loss account and Financial report(The financial report just came to my

mouth,though I am sure of the Balance sheet and P&L account) , Meanwhile,she noted the 3points

down.

VO: how will you use Balance to know the financial health of the company?

Me: I will differentiate it's Assets(both fixed and current) from it liabilities

VO: how about P&L account?

Me: The P&L will be used to determine the loss and profit of the company within a period of time.

VO: what of the financial report?

Me: it is the general report of the financial status of a company.

VO: what do you mean by general report?

Me: It is the summary of the total assets and liabilities of the company,and the report of the

financial status of the company.

VO: so,what will be your recommendation to the company?

Me: I will suggest to the company not to rely on their liabilities, and to utilize their capital resources

efficiently.

VO: what do you mean by not relying on their liabilities?

Me: I will advice the company not to rely mainly loan,because the present economic situation is

very unpredictable especially when it comes to finance and loan(I have forgotten the term I

used,but the point I stated I actually what I meant)
NOTE: she noted the above questions and even the sub-explanations on the printed paper where

she threw her questions from. {I think she wants to award score on her own(I saw her made a huge

lines line pass mark below) Not sure what it means though. only known to her}

VO: what do you mean by capital resources?

Me: Human and financial resources,which includes fixed and current assets like cash in hand,cash at

bank,employee and properties etc.

VO: Won't you entertain fear if you were given account of a high profile company to work on?

Me: No. As long as I have the adequate skills and knowledge needed,I wont entertain any fear.

VO: Have you ever enrolled with ICAN?

Me: No. ACCA superceeds ICAN.

VO: You intend to study ACCA at Stouffville college in toronto,do you realize ACCA is not recognize

the Canada,and you might not be employed after your studies in Canada?

Me: I am not pursuing ACCA to get employed in Canada,I want to acquire the skills to develop my

own business and family business.

VO: (going through a paper she has with her,guess that's where she highlighted some of the

questions she was throwing) Yes, XXX company is your family business?

Me; Yes Ma'am

VO: and the name of your own business is XXX

Me: Yes Ma'am

VO: what do?

Me: I sell Plumbing&Building materials,Sanitary ware and I am into Plumbing&fitting.

VO: Do you still work at your family business?

Me: I concentrate mainly on my own business,though I still a decision maker in my family business.

VO: you do you at your family business?

Me: I contribute to the decision making of the company.

VO: is your father sponsoring you?

Me: No. I am sponsoring myself.

VO: I didn't see any of your financial documents here.

Me: They are there. that's my VAT letter.

VO: I can't find any financial documents like your Bank statements,Tax certificate etc

Me: I have my Bank statements of account,VAT letter etc there.

VO: This is VAT letter not Tax certificate.

Me: Yes Ma'am. Taxation system is not good in Nigeria,especially in my state. I was at the IRS

office in my state and I was told it will take a long time for them to process the certificate.

VO: when did you start the business?

Me: 2008

Me: My receipts and invoices are there.

VO: You have your receipts and invoices here.

VO: (checking my documents again) I can't see your Bank statement of account.

Me: It's there. I submitted it.

VO: ok. I have see something, (reference letter from the Bank) XXX Bank Plc. right?

Me: Yes. Ma'am

VO: This is only a reference letter.

Me: I attached Bank statement with the reference letter.

VO: Yes. We normally detach it.

Me: alright Ma'am

VO: Maybe it is under verification

Me: Ok Ma'am

VO: give me sometime to find the Bank statement.

Me: No problem Ma'am

VO: Yes. Your Bank statement of account is under verification. We shall get back to you whether

you will be called for medical or not( I am not sure of the final statement,owing to anxiety)****PLS.

NOTE: The last word I heard and copied from her is that YOUR BANK ACCOUNT IS UNDER

VERIFICATION and I also heard MEDICAL TEST.

UmairHashmi

Star Member
Nov 12, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CHC Isb
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-Jan-2012
File Transfer...
23-Jan-2012
Med's Request
Waiting
Interview........
Waived
@acca247

Thanks very much to share your complete interview. This will not only help interviewee but also help those who want to make their profile strong.

I have found following important points after reading complete interview.

1. They focus on applicants educational background even grades of those subjects in which applicant is going to apply in Canada
2. They want to make sure that applicant has the ability to study particular program in Canada or not
3. Applicant's professional background
4. Financial status
5. They want solid reasons that you will leave Canada

Sith51

Jan 15, 2012
Oh my. I need some help on this too. I completed my A-levels last year in June and I was expected to start studies in September that year. Unfortunately my certificates came out late and I didn't fulfil my conditions to enter the UK universities I applied to. Since then I've been applying to other universities. I applied to Simon Fraser and got an offer to begin studies in May but my offer came really late and there was no time to apply for a visa. In the time I was waiting for my offer I applied to Columbia College and I got accepted for September. I have the letter and everything so I decided I'd go there. I haven't sent my study permit application yet but between last year June and now I haven't been doing anything because of all those times I've been expecting to start my studies soon. Will the fact that I've been unemployed and not been taking any classes or anything affect my chances of getting a study permit.

justinlewis

Mar 21, 2012
jalandhar
Category........
Visa Office......
Jallandhar
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18/03/2012
Med's Done....
09-02-2012
@patelthakrar

i applied under spp and got my visa after five working days.

Ankit.26

Apr 5, 2012
hi
i would like to finout that i did my graduation in 2009 with no gaps in my academic history schooling or graduation..i completed my graduation in 2009 aftr that i worked for 2 yrs from sept 2009 till aug 2011 and aftr that in my family business ...my only concern is that aftr aug 2011 i'm in my family business will that be of any problem in my visa process...i've got my offer letter for sept 2012 frm cetennial college in pg certificate in ibm progrm...

Apr 12, 2019
hi
i would like to finout that i did my graduation in 2009 with no gaps in my academic history schooling or graduation..i completed my graduation in 2009 aftr that i worked for 2 yrs from sept 2009 till aug 2011 and aftr that in my family business ...my only concern is that aftr aug 2011 i'm in my family business will that be of any problem in my visa process...i've got my offer letter for sept 2012 frm cetennial college in pg certificate in ibm progrm...
hi
Did family business helped in visa??