+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Study Gap 15 years +

Feb 14, 2019
Hi

After 10th i have completed a 2 year diploma course in Electronics on 2003 which is basically secondary school equivalent , since then have been working in IT, i want to do a IT related diploma from Canada , since i have more than 15 years gap from the last study i had completed would like to know the possibility of getting a student visa,
also if someone can suggest an institute who can accept me for the program , i am looking for a 1 year diploma.

Feb 14, 2019
You will have to find a program, contact the college/university and ask if they will accept you. Start here:
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/study-canada.html
Thank you for your response , i am trying to get acceptance from the colleges like you said . i was mentioning on SOP that my intention is to move to Canada but my current qualification and experience doesnt give enough CRS score to get a work permit , so i want to get a Diploma from Canada + respective work permit after study so that i can earn some points after returning home and can apply with confidence, . do you think this sentence would make issue to get approved the visa or acceptance ?, because where ever i was reading visa approval the officer usually state that he was not satisfied you will return from Canada etc.., so on my SOP i am stating my plan moving to Canada but after getting enough qualification etc..
In fact i have no intention to stay in Canada illegally but to earn the diploma and get other benefits by doing this from study .

Please advice me .

Last edited: