+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

study and working permit

alvintan

Jul 15, 2019
So im an international student who's going to be in grade 12 this year. I'm planning on applying for college next year and my study permit will be expired on sep 30 next year, so am i still allow to stay in Canada after high school? Because as far as i know i need an accept letter from a college or uni to renew my study permit right? And can i apply for a working and study visa and just work during summer until school starts if i got accepted by a college

dotslash227

Champion Member
Apr 28, 2019
You are allowed to be in Canada, as long as you have a valid visa. Once your visa/study permit expires on 30 September 2020, you will have to leave.

Yes, you will need to apply for a study permit again once you have been accepted by a college or a university.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
HI

So im an international student who's going to be in grade 12 this year. I'm planning on applying for college next year and my study permit will be expired on sep 30 next year, so am i still allow to stay in Canada after high school? Because as far as i know i need an accept letter from a college or uni to renew my study permit right? And can i apply for a working and study visa and just work during summer until school starts if i got accepted by a college
\

1. You are not eligible to work until you start post secondary education in Canada. Then you can only work part time during semesters (20 hours) and full time during scheduled breaks. You can't work while attending high school in Canada.

Reactions: canuck78