+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Studied without permit

davpp

Dec 29, 2015
I completed a 1 year course unknowingly that i need a permit as a protected person, at the time of admission the college said i donot need anything for thee kind of courses.

But i just saw a post recently which made me in doubt... what should i do?

My pr in under process...

kriv

Aug 14, 2014
davpp said:
I completed a 1 year course unknowingly that i need a permit as a protected person, at the time of admission the college said i donot need anything for thee kind of courses.

But i just saw a post recently which made me in doubt... what should i do?

My pr in under process...
As per cic website:
The following activities are not considered studies and do not require a study permit:

pre-school (pre-kindergarten);
courses of general interest or self-improvement;
distance learning; or
audited courses (typically by sitting in on an academic course, but without obtaining credit for it, or having the ability to obtain credit for it retroactively).

if you fall into any of the above categories than you do not need a study permit. so telling more about the course/studies you are doing will help to get a better answer.

hope it helps

davpp

Dec 29, 2015
it was diploma in business management..

Ive am a experienced business administrator for before coming to Canada... i had to left job and everything but in Canada i had no experience in business management in accordance to Canadian system so i did this to understand how it works here..

it was 1 year course from a collage