+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Students working part time in health care departments exactly how many hours can we work as per new temporary rules?

praneetha devineni

Aug 26, 2019
Hello
I'm a full time student and working in pharmacy as an assistant. My doubt is exactly for how many hours international students can work per week, as per new temporary rules about the barriers working for only 20 hrs per week has removed till Aug.
I searched everywhere about how many maximum hours we can work but I did not get information about that.
Does anyone knows for how many hours international students can work??
Thanks in advance

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hello
I'm a full time student and working in pharmacy as an assistant. My doubt is exactly for how many hours international students can work per week, as per new temporary rules about the barriers working for only 20 hrs per week has removed till Aug.
I searched everywhere about how many maximum hours we can work but I did not get information about that.
Does anyone knows for how many hours international students can work??
Thanks in advance
There is no max for essential workers. If there was, it would be stated.

praneetha devineni

Aug 26, 2019
So does that means we can work full time (like 40hrs) while classes are in session?? Because my boss is asking me to confrim about maximum hours we can work and I told her IRCC did not mention about it. So she's asking me to try to contact and confirm with them, but it seems really hard to contact them in phone in this situation and I don't know the exact email address of IRCC.

Copingwithlife

VIP Member
Jul 29, 2018
Earth
So does that means we can work full time (like 40hrs) while classes are in session?? Because my boss is asking me to confrim about maximum hours we can work and I told her IRCC did not mention about it. So she's asking me to try to contact and confirm with them, but it seems really hard to contact them in phone in this situation and I don't know the exact email address of IRCC.
As Canuck said , if there was a limit set in the # of hours , it would be SPECIFICALLY
mentioned by the Government

Reactions: praneetha devineni

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
If classes are in session there are only so many hours you can actually work and pass your courses especially if/when classes are back in the classroom or attendance is taken during online classes.

Reactions: praneetha devineni