+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Students whose medical expired (India)

inkpot

Star Member
May 22, 2019
As per IRCC's new announcement, panel physicians have temporarily stopped providing "upfront" medical exams in India. Are those who already got study permit approval letters but whose medical results have expired also affected by this? Does the term "upfront" apply to us?

Arjun.Nandakumar

Apr 13, 2019
As per IRCC's new announcement, panel physicians have temporarily stopped providing "upfront" medical exams in India. Are those who already got study permit approval letters but whose medical results have expired also affected by this? Does the term "upfront" apply to us?
Hi, I am in the same situation. My medical is due to expire on June 21st 2021.
Panel Physicians are requesting for an IME number and a particular IMM form for which they have asked me to request the IRCC.

However, the Canada Embassy here in Bangalore, India is not operational. I have raised multiple webforms but I've only received message from the IRCC that my application is normal and no new documents are needed at the moment (as of June 18th).

I am also worried whether my visa status will get affected once my medical expires.
If anyone can shed some light on this situation, it would be of great help.

AalekhT

Star Member
Mar 17, 2020
My medical is expiring on 19th june but i did my remedical on 3rd may and the hospital submitted the medical on 11 may. I filled one webform but they told me that they do not need this as my visa is approved but on second time when i filled the webform again, Today i got the response that they have submitted the remedical file to respective visa officer so now waiting for medical update in my file.

aaronc30

Star Member
Aug 7, 2020
My medical is expiring on 19th june but i did my remedical on 3rd may and the hospital submitted the medical on 11 may. I filled one webform but they told me that they do not need this as my visa is approved but on second time when i filled the webform again, Today i got the response that they have submitted the remedical file to respective visa officer so now waiting for medical update in my file.
I'm in same situation