+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Students applying to Canada Humber college Sept 2013 intake

colls

Feb 7, 2013
hi all... anyone applying to Humber College for the Sept 2013 intake please post here..

We can share all the info we have and help others as its the first time for me so want to gather as much as possible..

i am going through a counsellor from Study global.. her name is Payal Shah.. anyone one needs guidance i can give her no.

She will help through the entire process.

Hope to see posts !! ;D

prathapg86

Star Member
Mar 14, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello... - Ive already applied for May and still waiting for an answer... If incase I dint get thru... might go with Sep..... Whats ur profile and course of preference... BTW... Where is the consultancy "Study Global"... Because nowadays most consultants are asking money for just coll search or for any further steps...So do some research before you register with them...

Im looking for advance dip or Dip in Project manegment or bussiness admin...

Thanks,
Prathap

colls

Feb 7, 2013
prathapg86 said:
Hello... - Ive already applied for May and still waiting for an answer... If incase I dint get thru... might go with Sep..... Whats ur profile and course of preference... BTW... Where is the consultancy "Study Global"... Because nowadays most consultants are asking money for just coll search or for any further steps...So do some research before you register with them...

Im looking for advance dip or Dip in Project manegment or bussiness admin...

Thanks,
Prathap
Hi Prathap, i went to edwise and then Canam group but didnt find them worth it at all.. they were giving half hearted info. i got to know about study global thru a frnd of mine who went to Canada thru Payal. i went and met her and she is very helpful. she will be applyin for me and helpin thru the entire process till i leave. her fees are 7k.

i will be applyin for PG in financial planning. so who are you goin thru?/... and y do u think u wont get thru?

Thanks,
Colleen

prathapg86

Star Member
Mar 14, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
colls said:
Hi Prathap, i went to edwise and then Canam group but didnt find them worth it at all.. they were giving half hearted info. i got to know about study global thru a frnd of mine who went to Canada thru Payal. i went and met her and she is very helpful. she will be applyin for me and helpin thru the entire process till i leave. her fees are 7k.

i will be applyin for PG in financial planning. so who are you goin thru?/... and y do u think u wont get thru?

Thanks,
Colleen
Hi Colleen,
The reason is that I have about 8-9 Years of study gap.. So im lil dobtful on that... However yet to get the reply from Humber...

More over Ive gone thru Edwise and canam... But both asked money to register that is fine... Just 2-3K... But ultimately we might end up paying every step of the process...
And they dont give concrete answers for your questions...I even tried IDP... they also r from same league.... r you applying from India??? if yes...where is Payal from?? I mean which state?

I live down south... Chennai..

Thanks,
Prathap

colls

Feb 7, 2013
im from Mumbai...im yet to apply..jus hopin all goes ok... have u applied to other collgs also or jus this one?

vivek_darry

Jan 3, 2013
Hi All,

Myself Vivek from Coimbatore...

I have done my B.Sc. (Computer Technology) and my academic scores are:

10th - 80.5%
12th - 70.20%
B.Sc (CT)-63%

I am planning to take IELTS test by march.

I have a total work experience of 7 years. Most of my experience is relating to KPO industry (Non IT).

I am checking with my consultant for Global Business Management 2Yr Program in Humber...

Guys how good is my profile....Will I be able to clear all the Visa procedures...

@Prathap - I too have a study gap around 9 years...when did u apply in Humber...

Thanks,
Vivek

prathapg86

Star Member
Mar 14, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
vivek_darry said:
Hi All,

Myself Vivek from Coimbatore...

I have done my B.Sc. (Computer Technology) and my academic scores are:

10th - 80.5%
12th - 70.20%
B.Sc (CT)-63%

I am planning to take IELTS test by march.

I have a total work experience of 7 years. Most of my experience is relating to KPO industry (Non IT).

I am checking with my consultant for Global Business Management 2Yr Program in Humber...

Guys how good is my profile....Will I be able to clear all the Visa procedures...

@ Prathap - I too have a study gap around 9 years...when did u apply in Humber...

Thanks,
Vivek
HI Vivek,
I applied last month...Yet to get a reply... And as far as I know... You have a strong profile with agg in all above 60%... But ensure you have good score in IELTS too... And there are loads of post about the course "GBM"... Do go thru that... Might get a better idea abt it.....

ATB... :)

Thanks,
Prathap

ATB!!!

prathapg86

Star Member
Mar 14, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
colls said:
im from Mumbai...im yet to apply..jus hopin all goes ok... have u applied to other collgs also or jus this one?
@coll - Everything ll go ok... DW...

Im planning to apply in Centennial aswell... As they have an office in Bangalore, Im actually planning to visit them once...

BTW whats your profile?? have you taken IELTS?

Thanks,
Prathap

colls

Feb 7, 2013
prathapg86 said:
@ coll - Everything ll go ok... DW...

Im planning to apply in Centennial aswell... As they have an office in Bangalore, Im actually planning to visit them once...

BTW whats your profile?? have you taken IELTS?

Thanks,
Prathap
@ pratap..iv being with with a bank for 3 and half yrs now...so want to get into somethin relating to banking and finance...i have taken my ielts already..waiting for the results...im hopin for a good score..i will be applyin to humber only...lets c hw it goes..

prathapg86

Star Member
Mar 14, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
@ coll - great... ATB for IELTS results... So are you looking for a MBA or a dip program? And by any chance if you are with a nationalised bank... May b I can take ur help on edu loans terms N condi.. :D

And BTW... Humber has replied and asked me for a SOP :eek: that they wanted to know the details about the study gap... So @ vivek, while applyin do attach a SOP and a copy of your resume... That might help in fast assessment...

And @ Coll - Couldnt PM you - So posting it here with ...

IDP is coming up with an education fair... I have attended one such session which edwise organised. See if you can make it... Because many representatives from educational institutions will be coming. So you can actually interact with them, list out your questions to them and if you are lucky, might get spot admission too... with $0 application fee and courier charge.. Which might come up to 7k...

If you are interested - http://www.india.idp.com/canada/canada_events.aspx

Do get in touch if you come across any such info... @ prathapg86 @ gmail. com

@ vivek - Have already Pm'ed you bud...

ATB!!!

RanjeetKonde

Feb 15, 2013
hello .....
Soo my profile is something like this......
10th-64%
12th-61%
B.B.A-58% with Marketing Management as a specialization.
IELTS-8 band overall.
2years of Work Exp. (i.e education gap)
I have applied to Humber college for its GBM program and waiting for its reply.
I will also be applying for centennial....!!!!
I'm applying through edwise as I know the counsellor personally.

1)But im a confused abt the GBM program and worried about the JOB prospects after the course.
2)And how much funds will we exactly need to show and use as well.
(P.S- This is the exact post i was looking for.....thanks)

colls

Feb 7, 2013
RanjeetKonde said:
hello .....
Soo my profile is something like this......
10th-64%
12th-61%
B.B.A-58% with Marketing Management as a specialization.
IELTS-8 band overall.
2years of Work Exp. (i.e education gap)
I have applied to Humber college for its GBM program and waiting for its reply.
I will also be applying for centennial....!!!!
I'm applying through edwise as I know the counsellor personally.

1)But im a confused abt the GBM program and worried about the JOB prospects after the course.
2)And how much funds will we exactly need to show and use as well.
(P.S- This is the exact post i was looking for.....thanks)
@ Ranjeet

ur profile sounds good..but its better to choose a course that is related to ur work exp.. everyone usually go for GBM course its the only 2 yr course..take a look at the post grad diplomas as well coz uv completed ur graduation..

for funds for Sept intake there are new rules come up..the GIC is now applicable again.. ask ur counsellor they will explain to u..

RanjeetKonde

Feb 15, 2013
but then i'm looking for a 3 year work permit after the course....and anyways International Business comes under my field ..... do u know any other way out????

colls

Feb 7, 2013
RanjeetKonde said:
but then i'm looking for a 3 year work permit after the course....and anyways International Business comes under my field ..... do u know any other way out????
everyone goes in for a 2 yr course jus for the 3 yr work permit...if international business is ur field then i think GBM is fine for u..

the other option is take a one a course and if u dont find a job apply for another course from there itself.. see this is again the way im gonna work my way out... try asking ppl about job prospects after GBM... if they r good then u can go ahead with the course..

GBM was one of my options but then i dropped it coz my cousellor made me understand that i have completed my grads, if i go for a certificate course i may have visa issues... so thats how i decided for a post grad diploma..

so already got thru Humber or stil waiting for their reply??